will changing my mac's hard drive to 7200rpm affect battery life?

Reaction score
I just downloaded lion and I just want to optimize and speed boost my macbook pro 13" mid 2010 model.
I plan to increase its RAM from 4GB to 8GB and to Change its hard drive to 500GB 7400rpm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Not significantly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
No problem :) It's really a small enough amount of difference I couldn't quantify it. I get over 5 hours of battery life, surfing, with a 7200rpm drive on a 2011 15" mbp.

OP
S
Reaction score
And lastly, as I know I will not be able to wait for bug free versions of lion or my order to arrive before installing lion, what's your experience with lion and do you think it'll run smoothly on 4GB RAM and 2.44 Core2Duo?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core Duo, 4GB RAM, 250GB SATA HDD
And lastly, as I know I will not be able to wait for bug free versions of lion or my order to arrive before installing lion, what's your experience with lion and do you think it'll run smoothly on 4GB RAM and 2.44 Core2Duo?

Lion is fine with those specs, I have 4GB RAM and 2.4 Core 2 Duo. You won't run into anything really buggy in 10.7 for now. I do notice slight lag when opening applications and loading labs in Firefox, but you'll get used to it and it will most likely be improved following the next couple OS software updates.

There may be a few compatibility issues between Lion and certain applications, but that's usually not something that high-end specs could really fix.

OP
S
Reaction score
I've been using lion for some time now and well…its not very buggy but its gonna take some getting used to…I'm very used to expose and I've never liked to use spaces before…

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.