Simple rsync script advice, please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 17" MBP, Mini x2
Hi folks,

I have a new NAS that I'm setting up that I want to use to backup a specific folder under OSX Lion. I'm currently calling it from a bash script like this:

rsync --delete -av /Source/Folder/ /Destination/Folder

My source folder is /Volumes/MacHD/Users/Me/StuffIwanttobackup

My destination folder is /Volumes/MyNas/Backups

Everything appears to go correctly, and the files move over, but I get an error that says something along the lines of 'rsync: chgrp failed, permission denied".

I did some poking around on Google and I found some posts that say it's a problem, and some that say that I can ignore it, but I figured if anyone would know, you fine folks would.

Is this the best way to go about this? I have it in archive and verbose mode (it wouldn't run without the -a switch, actually) because I like to just see what's going on. I'm using --delete because the folder I'm backing up is part of recording studio software, and I routinely clean out old takes (and do not want to back them up).

If there's a better syntax that I should be using, I'd also love any insight on that as well. Thanks very much!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.