• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Welcome Macoverload515. Thanks for all the intro info.:) Glad you are enjoying Apple computers & the Mac OS after being a Windows user for a long time.:)

- Nick

p.s. Merged your thread/post with the Mac-Forums "Introduce Yourself" thread.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 in Sierra 10.12.3
I've been on for a short time but I haven't introduced myself my name is Pat Stickle and I'm 56 and technologicly challenged. I would start a Flintsoniean movement but that would require a computer so that would kind of defeat the purpose. Thanks for all the help so far I am sure I will need more.

Pat

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mick and Pat. This is a fun Forum as well as being instructive, so I hope you will join in as much as possible.

Ian

Reaction score
New member introduction

Hello - I'm Bob Pisz and the president of the Pensacola Macintosh User Group. I hope being a member of this forum will help me keep our members interested and informed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello - I'm Bob Pisz and the president of the Pensacola Macintosh User Group. I hope being a member of this forum will help me keep our members interested and informed.

Hi Bob - welcome to the forum! :) Wife & I visit FL virtually every spring and usually alternate the coasts - next month to Miami Beach which we've not been to in a good 10-12 years - BUT, last May we went to the Panhandle for the first time and loved the visit - did a day trip into Pensacola - if interested, I write travelogues of my trips in the iPad Forums - link HERE - hope that you enjoy! Dave

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Dave, I followed your link and the pictures are enthralling. What a busy man you must be with all these posts. I've only been to Florida once and that was a professional visit.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Dave, I followed your link and the pictures are enthralling. What a busy man you must be with all these posts. I've only been to Florida once and that was a professional visit.

Ian

Hi Ian - thanks for looking at the travelogue - I've put nearly two dozen together in that sub-forum - can see the others' titles HERE, if interested. In part, my substitution for teaching residents and also enhances my own memory of the places Susan and I visit - I'll probably start one next month after our visit to Miami Beach - as stated before, we go to FL almost yearly - even more often when Susan's parents lived in Delray Beach (just above Boca Raton) - always did spring or fall - if any of those places there interest you, avoid the summer (had to go then on a number of medical trips myself). Dave :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Welcome to Mac-Forums Bob. Lots of great members here...and lots of great info. Point your user group members here...we will welcome them with open arms!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 2015 11
My Introduction

Hey, I'm Rose. ;)

I'm 15, and own a MacBook Air from 2015, which has had almost no issues since I started using it, I'm also a forum administrator, occasional blogger and retro gamer. My Mac has became one of my favourite OSes ever. Hope I have a good stay here! ^^

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, Rose. You've got off to a good start. A warm welcome from us all. I see you have already made your first post. Congratulations. I hope you visit often and enjoy your time here.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 in Sierra 10.12.3
Welcome Rose, I have already got a ton of info on here.

Pat

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome Rose. If you have any questions...ask away. And if you have any info to share...post away!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Introducing myself.

Welcome to our newest members. Great way to start the new year. Lots of helpful, friendly, folks here.

I'm Edinia. I'm a former reporter; former flak, nongeek. I appreciate the thought someone at Mac-Forums has taken anticipating questions about the forums before I even search for an answer to the question that led me here.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome to Mac-Forums Edinia.:)

- Nick

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome Edinia

I'd like to think that somehow your name was associated with my home city, Edinburgh; but I guess that's way off beam.

Whatever, we're glad to have yo as a new member.

Ian

Reaction score
Thanks, Ian. Edinburgh's not my burg, but I sure welcome the contact. For now, I', being (perhaps excessively) private about me as I get userd to the forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.