• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Let me post this question here; I am used to Bill's software whereby opening more than one page whilst minimizing other pages is as easy as swiping up the explorer key to open multiple pages. How do I do that with Safari?

This is a "New to Mac-Forums" introductory thread. Questions really should be posted in the appropriate topic specific area.

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to the forum so thought i'd follow the trend and say hello.
I live in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. Run a MACBook Pro, couple of iPads and a couple of iPhone 6 devices.
Thinking of getting an iMac but need to investigate options etc before jumping in with the dosh.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi BuzLR,

A warm welcome the the Forum. Good to have you join us.

Although I guess the majority of our members are from North America, there is a strong UK contingent (including myself) as well as others from Continental Europe and, of course, the Southern Hemisphere is also represented. In short, there's always someone tuned in 24 hours a day to offer assistance.

If/when you have a question, just open a new thread in the appropriate subsection.

Ian

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi, i'm new to the forum so thought i'd follow the trend and say hello.
I live in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. Run a MACBook Pro, couple of iPads and a couple of iPhone 6 devices.
Thinking of getting an iMac but need to investigate options etc before jumping in with the dosh.

Welcome BuzLR.:)

If you have any thoughts or questions regarding that possible iMac purchase. Just start a new thread in the the "Desktop" area…and I'm sure you will get plenty of info from folks.:)

- Nick

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Welcome to the Forums Bastian.

Whatever advice you are after, we're happy to contribute.

Just start a new thread with your questions via "Home" and then choose the appropriate subsection, be it iOS devices, graphics, Operating Systems, Desktops, whatever.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro5.1,Dual2.4GHzXeon,10.13.6,4x6TB HD,128GB Mem,Dual 32" monitors
Hello all, my name is Carl, I am a retired police officer (31 years) and now own a video production company. I have 32 employees, an 8000 sf studio, built and paid for in 5 years. We do events all over the world. Last year did 33 weddings in 28 foreign countries. Covered approx. 260 events total plus documentaries and commercials. USC grad, masters in Cinematography with disciplines in Film and Television Production.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome Carl (belated). Looks like you've been a Mac-Forums member for a while already.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
pigoo3, thanks for the welcome, yes I have been a member for awhile . . . guess I just wanted to put all my marbles on the table!

Reaction score
Hello Mac Forum - Igor Goldshteyn

I am an improvement professional that has been using technology to help business streamline and improve operations. This website has been very informative and I just want to say hello to everyone. Hello Mac-Forums!

Igor Goldshteyn

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello Igor. Welcome.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey barny, welcome to the forum, you will find an extremely large amount of knowledgeable folks here. Just about everything, situation or problem has been asked, stated and/or solved here so please enjoy your stay and we hope it will be a long stay!

Carl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Igor, welcome to the forum, you are going to like it here I bet! There are a lot of folk who know a lot about the Mac. Welcome!
Carl

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member!

Hi, everyone!

images

Last edited by a moderator:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi, everyone!

Hello amslow18.:)

You're actually not a new member…since you registered back in April of 2010. But this is your 1st post.;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Enjoying living in a retirement apartment building
Your Mac's Specs
21.5/3.06/2x2GB/500GB/9400M
kaybar--95 year old retired General Science teacher. Coping with changes in computers and programs keeps my mind working too hard. One of these days I will retire to the senior citizens "easy to use" computer and have more time to paint.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
kaybar--95 year old retired General Science teacher. Coping with changes in computers and programs keeps my mind working too hard. One of these days I will retire to the senior citizens "easy to use" computer and have more time to paint.

Hello kaybar.:) Not sure I should be saying "Welcome" or anything like that (since you've been a Mac-Forums member since 2010). I'll just say big "HELLO"…and great to hear from you!:) I think at 95 years old…you're the most life-experienced Mac-Forums member I'm aware of!!!:)

Hang in there with the computer changes & programs. Even us young-folks need to keep on top of things on a frequent basis. Things change so fast…that it isn't hard to fall behind.

- Nick

Reaction score
Hello All i am Roland Pospichal

Hello Guys,

I am Roland Pospichal. I love to listen songs. Rihanna is my favorite.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.