• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Hi Pantos and welcome to the forum!! Any chance of some info on yourself please? Nothing personal obviously, but hobbies, interests, etc.?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Welcome Pantos.:)

- Nick

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome. Always good to have a new face around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
HI, it is a pleasure to be a member of the forum! I look forward to giving and receiving help!

-Artist
-Teacher
-Greek
2009 MacBook
2017 MacBook Pro

Welcome and it's always nice to know where the member lives and I always like using Google Maps to have a look around using the associated photos of what the places look like.

It can also help sometime to know what time zone a member is from.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
New guy

Hi , my name is Alexander from Long Island, NY . I found this by mistake but it looks good !

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome Msandym. Glad to have you here (accident or not)!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
A happy accodent and welcome!!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome Msandym I too found this place by accident in part because two other forums I belonged to went belly up. Don't tell the others they might think I'm a jinx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mojave 10.14.3, Late 2015, 21.5" display, 2.8ghz, 16GB
New guy

Good day everyone. I am one of the new guys here. Am in the process of converting from Windows to a used Mac and from an Andoid phone to the Iphone......man, do I have a lot to learn! Had the Iphone for about two weeks and have it figured out....for the most part. The old grey matter will take longer to wrap itself around the whole Mac concept. Seems to be a wealth of info here, so I have a lot of reading to do.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome Reinyrooster. Lots of great info here & lots of great folks that are more than willing to help.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good day everyone.

Welcome aboard Reinyrooster and it's nice to have another Canuck on the Mac member's representative list here.

And don't worry about the old grey matter, there are lots of us here with that stuff. ;)

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Reinyrooster and it's nice to have another Canuck on the Mac member's representative list here.

And don't worry about the old grey matter, there are lots of us here with that stuff. ;)

- Patrick
======

Welcome. Yes good to see more from north of 49 here. I see some from van island as I type this from Quadra island on a weekend escape! Great forum with amazing help and tips!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome. Yes good to see more from north of 49 here.

Well that's generally the case macsidentally, but we are actually some of the few that are below the 49th.

I hope you enjoy your "weekend escape" on Quadra Island but watch out for the booby traps protecting their grow ops if they still have them that we almost stumbled upon and triggered when we were cruising on our boat in that area some years ago. We just went ashore to what looked like a nice place to explore and to stretch our sea legs and my beady eyes just caught a glimpse of some hidden trip wires. Not a nice experience. :Not-Amused:

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Well that's generally the case macsidentally, but we are actually some of the few that are below the 49th.

I hope you enjoy your "weekend escape" on Quadra Island but watch out for the booby traps protecting their grow ops if they still have them that we almost stumbled upon and triggered when we were cruising on our boat in that area some years ago. We just went ashore to what looked like a nice place to explore and to stretch our sea legs and my beady eyes just caught a glimpse of some hidden trip wires. Not a nice experience. :Not-Amused:

- Patrick
======

Yes Patrick thanks for the correction of the below 49 section of the island! Luckily we are visiting friends on the island and wouldn't have to experience your surprise encounter....wow!

Reaction score
New to Forum

Thanks for accepting me to the forum. I am a 70 year old retired horseshoer and getting used to my I mac

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums Geoff! Perhaps you can tell us of your adventures as a horseshoer. By the way, we still have some old timers here in Texas that have the same talent. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for accepting me to the forum. I am a 70 year old retired horseshoer and getting used to my I mac

Welcome youngster from a retired 76er.

And just curious, were/are you a horseshoer or farrier as they are referred to up here or are they the same? Never thought of it before.

And yes, we even still have some practicing blacksmiths in the area. Fascinating to watch and amazing what some of them can do even if their arthritis is acting up. :eek:

Horseshoers, farriers and blacksmiths: What’s the difference?
http://www.thefarrierguide.com/2013/horseshoers-farriers-blacksmiths/

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome from me too Geoff. This retirement is such a busy life isn't it? I have no idea how I ever found time to go to work???

I too am getting used to my Mac, but I've only had it for 7 years :\ It the learning curve were a mountain then I wouldn't take a rocket to get to the moon, just a good climber!:Confused::Confused:

But I wouldn't swop back to the 'other side' for owt (that's Northern English slang for anything :Mischievous: )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14

Hi Geoff - welcome to the forum! :) Just curious - your profile states the United States as your location - where did you do your 'horseshoeing'? One location or were you a 'traveling journeyman'? Hope that you enjoy the forum - plenty of GREAT folks here ready to help. Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.