• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Reaction score

Hello all. I'm new to this board but not to Macs or OS X . Originally from Pennsylvania, now living in Paradise (south Florida). Retired Civil/CAD Draftsman, Land Surveyor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Welcome to the MacForums forums. Enjoy yourself while you are here, and come back often.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 iMac 3.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7/32G Ram Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB, iPhone 6
Welcome to the Forum! Feel free to jump in the deep end the water is fine

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Welcome to Mac-Fourms DERENZO1!:) And good luck with that project you're working on…trying to turn an old iMac display into an external monitor. Very creative…and interesting!:)

- Nick

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Welcome DELORENZO1 look forward to hearing from you on the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello all. I'm new to this board but not to Macs or OS X . Originally from Pennsylvania, now living in Paradise (south Florida). Retired Civil/CAD Draftsman, Land Surveyor.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Wife and I visit Florida annually - in fact we made two trips this year (missed going in '15) - in March, the Don Cesar on St. Pete's Beach and a week ago, the WaterColor Inn near Grayton State Park in the coastal Panhandle of the state. Dave :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
@DERENZO1

Welcome to our little corner of the web. Enjoy your time here.

P.S. Ask lots of questions. I have to on good authority that Charlie and Dave have all the answers. ;D

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@DERENZO1

I have it on good authority that Charlie and Dave have all the answers. ;D

That's absolutely true. It's getting them to match the questions that's difficult:p

Ian

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@DERENZO1

Welcome to our little corner of the web. Enjoy your time here.

P.S. Ask lots of questions. I have to on good authority that Charlie and Dave have all the answers. ;D

That's absolutely true. It's getting them to match the questions that's difficult:p

Hi Sly & Ian - can't claim to have close to all of the answers - computing is just one of my hobbies (next to drinking wine!) :) - but it's nice when responses from different posters provide the same information - WHEW! ;)
burt.gif

Reaction score
Hello to Mac-Forums!

Hello to Mac-Forums, my name is Touko White, and I am the owner/admin of the 101Gamers community.

I live in England and was born there, it's a brilliant country. I currently still go to school, sadly, but still have some time for myself, although I don't have much on the social front - although have a completely opposite life on other boards/communities/etc.

My gaming hobbies include some range of games mostly classic but some games from the 21st century also. As you might be able to guess, my favourite character is Touko from the Pokémon series, my other favourite character is Cammy from Street Fighter, not just for their pretty looks, though. I don't have a favourite game (if I had to choose, probably Donkey Kong Country) but my favourite consoles are the SNES and the PS3 because of their game libraries. Not great at games but do enjoy them, although I could likely kick your *** at Mario Kart, for some reason.

My main hobby is browsing and maintaining the 101Gamers community as well as visiting many forums - I don't care about YouTube, although I do run a Dailymotion channel, which doesn't get updated often. Just not a fan of things like YouTube, because I like communication-related matter over the Web.

I have an interest in cosplay, have two online friends in the cosplay field - one of them is actually co-owner of 101Gamers - while I probably wouldn't be able to do it myself it's to me a form of art, just like the other types of art, cosplay is creation, so it is.

Favourite films are Terminator 2: Judgment Day and Snatch, I'm not a big movie lover unlike the rest of my family, but do enjoy the odd film. Typical Brit, my favourite show is Only Fools and Horses, very funny and dramatic at the same time with lovable characters.

I don't listen to music but am a fan of Guns N' Roses, favourite song from them is Knockin' On Heaven's Door, although it's extremely difficult to choose.

Support Arsenal, but not really a big fan of football, only watch it when England are playing, and even then, that's not all that often I will pick up the remote and watch the whole thing.

If you want to contact me, there are various ways, although the fastest would be to send me a PM on my website or an email, you could contact me through Google+, Twitter, GNU Social, and anywhere else that I happen to be - I'm even on old MySpace, keeping old things alive!

Have a good day, hope this is a good intro. Feel free to ask me anything.

(I did not realise this topic existed. I previously introduced myself in the general chat forum...)

Reaction score
New to Mac

Hi all, I'm Lisa and a brand new Mac user. I've been a Windows user for many years and don't like the direction Windows has gone so I made the switch. I have a naturally curious nature and mind so I've become a self taught Windows tech so I help my family and friends with anything from learning how to use Windows, hardware upgrades, cleaning malware and everything in between.

I'm here to gain knowledge about the OS, software and hardware used for Mac. Thank you to all who have this knowledge and are willing to take the time to pass that on to users like myself. xx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Welcome Lisa,

Nice Name! (I am a Lisa also. :Cool: )

I too am a long time Windows user and I changed about three years ago to Macs. I still have to manage a Windows environment at work but I am slowly integrating Macs into the network there.

There is a learning curve so be sure to ask questions and search the forum. Give yourself time to get a feel for your mac. Also what mac do you have? It is always fun to see what others decided to get.

Lisa

Reaction score
Thank you Lisa! Our name rocks....lol Thank you for the welcome. I plan on asking away when questions arise. :)

I purchased the late 2015 27" iMac. I've actually have been digging in a bit and exploring....Mostly being careful though until I understand the OS better.

I've been in the console, activity monitor and terminal some. I've actually used traceroute from command line in terminal and researching processes in activity monitor. ...I'm a bit intimidated by it all but getting braver!

I actually am backing up to a WD external drive which, I have to admit I didn't do in Windows. I created recovery DVD's which I used to do a clean install once/yr. My hubby took over the Windows pc so I still have to maintain for him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi all, I'm Lisa and a brand new Mac user. I've been a Windows user for many years and don't like the direction Windows has gone so I made the switch. I have a naturally curious nature and mind so I've become a self taught Windows tech so I help my family and friends with anything from learning how to use Windows, hardware upgrades, cleaning malware and everything in between.

I'm here to gain knowledge about the OS, software and hardware used for Mac. Thank you to all who have this knowledge and are willing to take the time to pass that on to users like myself. xx

Hi Lisa - welcome to the forum! :) I retired about 5 years ago after decades of using PCs/Windows at work and home, then in early 2013, wife and I switched to Apple - got her an iMac & myself a MBPro - have not looked back - this forum is great w/ many knowledgeable members willing to provide plenty of help. Hope that you will enjoy. Dave

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Welcome to these forums Lisa, I have been a devoted Mac user for over 25 years and have observed the changing and evolving form of the Mac OS and iOS devices over that time. I suggest to all users that apart from backing up to the native Time Machine on an external drive that a clone using either Carbon Copy Cloner, Super Duper or the slightly more complex Chronosync is highly advised.
TM is excellent for restoring purposes, both for individual files and entire systems but a clone offers instant access to individual files and a bootable backup which TM is not. A combination of the two offers greater security and flexibility and is always the first thing I recommend to a new user.
Look forward to hearing from you in the future, no question is too silly or too difficult and I'm sure I speak for all members when I say that we take great pleasure solving Mac related problems and discussing all things Mac. Check out our weekly live online chat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro5.1,Dual2.4GHzXeon,10.13.6,4x6TB HD,128GB Mem,Dual 32" monitors
Lisa, welcome, you are going to like it here!!

Reaction score
Hi Lisa - welcome to the forum! :) I retired about 5 years ago after decades of using PCs/Windows at work and home, then in early 2013, wife and I switched to Apple - got her an iMac & myself a MBPro - have not looked back - this forum is great w/ many knowledgeable members willing to provide plenty of help. Hope that you will enjoy. Dave

Thank you Dave! How wonderful to be retired and enjoying life with your wife and Macs....lol You deserve it after putting in your work years....

I haven't made the mobile phone switch yet but will be soon. I know I'll have questions arise and know where to ask them now. Again thanks...xx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.