• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Reaction score
Hello

I came looking for some solution, looking good until now. will update later cause i am in a hurry

~mohan

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Welcome to our Forums, mohan. Nice to have you along.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I came looking for some solution, looking good until now. will update later cause i am in a hurry

~mohan

Welcome to the mac-forums mohan, and I hope you didn't come across something that scared you off!!! :Oops:

See you later perhaps.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 512 SSD, Samsung 28" UHD (though 2560x1440 and looks awesome), Logitech K780
Hi, Dave here. I do software development of all kinds with a focus on custom iOS applications. I look forward to being a part of this community. I will surely be learning a lot from everyone and hope to make contributions as I can. Thank you for the many posts - they have been a big help.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A very warm welcome to yo Emily. Lots of good advice available here and the more detail you provide, the better it gets.

Ian

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome aboard. Glad to have a new face in the crowd. I moved your post to the welcome area. Sometimes posts kinda get lost in the switcher forum.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Donald and I'm from Dallas, Texas. I'm a newbie to MAC and joint Mac-forums and I am happy to be a part of it. I posted my first ever message on how I felt after using Final Cut pro and I am loving it even more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Hi, I'm Donald and I'm from Dallas, Texas.

Welcome aboard Donald and happy Mac'ng.

You even have a few others from Texas here to keep you happy and free of problems. ;D

- Patrick
======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome Donald. I gotta get a few more residents of the bayou state in here or I'm going to be outnumbered by the Texas contingent.:Oops:

BTW I used an earlier version of Final Cut aimed a bit more at prosumers (Final Cut Express). Never really got the hang of it. If I decide to move from iMovie to Final Cut you may get a few questions. Hope you speak video editing numbskull.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Welcome to Mac-Forums Donald.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Haggai, I'm a long time PC\Windows user, I'm going to move on to a MacBook Pro soon(I'm waiting for the 2018 models to arrive to my area).
I have zero experience with Mac machines, currently I'm here to learn, hopefully I could help others at some point.
I wish I will have a smooth transition from PC to Mac.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats and welcome hag01. I'm sure we can help a bunch.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(iMac (21.5-inch, 2017)
Newbie says Hi.

Hi, my name is John ( from Yorkshire U.K. ) Just got my first Apple Computer & am delighted with it so far & decided to join your Forums to help me get to grips with Apple Computing. Thanks for all the info you guys post on the Forums it really is a big help to newbies like myself. Hope to keep in touch through the Forums.
John.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome John.

Glad to have a new face hanging around. I see you've already asked your first question. That's the way to do it. Dive right in and head for the deep end.

BTW I read your thread and posted a question about your problem. Looking forward to going forward from there.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums, John.

Always nice to see another member from the UK; especially from "up north" as a Londoner would say.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
" "up north" as a Londoner would say."?

As a Londoner would know:Smirk::Smirk: but a big welcome anyway from another one with a lovely name (John and one born in London)

Macs are different, but in a very nice way :Cool::Cool: It shouldn't take too long to get to know them, especially with the help given on here. Never forget that the only daft question is the one you want the answer for and don't ask!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey there John. A big WELCOME to Mac-Forums.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Anton. I'm fresh Mac user hope for your help to make transition as smooth as possible))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Hi Anton, welcome to the forum nad I hope that your view is better than mine..

I have a strange looking forum screen, all text and no graphics. I can't get on to any threads apart from this reply?

Any ideas what's going on please? It's the same on both of our Macs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.