• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Reaction score
My name is J.R. and I have been a Mac user for quite a while. I've been retired but am about to re-start my golf club making business. I need to be on top of my game regarding IT so I decided to join the forum to help answer questions. Building a new website and social media pages.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to our Forums, stanfij.

I hope you will be very happy here and we shall do our best as a community to assist you.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I've been retired but am about to re-start my golf club making business. I need to be on top of my game regarding IT so I decided to join the forum

OK, and welcome to the mac-forums stanfij, but I'm just a bit curious as to any connection between golf clubs and Apple Mac IT stuff. …??? O:)

PS: I'm assuming you have also noted the fact that the site may go poof and kaput in the future???

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
JR, meet another JR (John Ronald) although commonly known as JJ or more normally something less complimentary ?? O:)

Just don't forget the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. The day we stop asking them is the day everyone wants to know what you have left them in your will :D

Golf isn't my game, but if you include a radio controlled glider and call it glider golf, that is a different thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Patrick, that's great, BUT 3 different models and someone to chuck it for you?????:Evil::Evil:

In ours it was one model and if you are flying it then you chuck it. The 'holes' were about 100 yards long and on a golf course, Minchinhampton Old Course, on a 600' high plateau just outside Stroud. Lots of wind and open. Non of this someone to chuck it for you stuff:Cool::Cool:

Pure concentration, skill and LUCK!

https://flic.kr/p/23R54Ur

OK, in this day and age just how does one post a pikky on here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had also meant to say that when that when we were doing glider golf those guys in the video would have been in their prams:Evil::Evil::Evil: but great to see the old skills carrying on :Cool::Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Patrick, that's great, BUT 3 different models and someone to chuck it for you?????
… … …
Pure concentration, skill and LUCK!
https://flic.kr/p/23R54Ur

John, you have to remember that that's in the USofA.

PS: I'm surprised you didn't link or post a photo of you flying your glider with a large paper bag over your head. lmao.gif

- patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Alright with the chit chat already. Take it to Schweb's Lounge where you and John can fly high... ;D

Reaction score
Hi All,

Hi,

Donald Silverburgh here from Dallas, Texas. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of Mac-Forums. I am so delighted and I am sure it will be a good fun. I've recently switched to iPhone from Android. I am a new user. And I can't express how lovely it is to be a part of MAC and iOS. Thanks again for the add.

Best Regards,
DS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Donald Silverburgh here from Dallas, Texas.

Welcome to the forums Donald and you Texans will be overrunning the place pretty soon with so many of you from the big state.

Are you a Mac OS X user as well, or just an iPhone user, but it doesn't really matter as there are a number here who can help here if you need any.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Donald and you Texans will be overrunning the place pretty soon with so many of you from the big state.

Are you a Mac OS X user as well, or just an iPhone user, but it doesn't really matter as there are a number here who can help here if you need any.

- Patrick
======

Yeah I'm just an iPhone user. Thank you so much for the kindest gesture.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums, Donald.

One device or ten; makes no difference. We're here to help.

Ian

Reaction score
Hello

Just saying hi as newbie. Long time mac user now with iPhone x, iPad Pro, and MacBook Pro.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi sydmacuser. Welcome to our Forums. I hope you enjoy your time here.

BTW, I just replied to your earlier post about iPhone battery health a few minutes ago.

Ian

Reaction score
Hi sydmacuser. Welcome to our Forums. I hope you enjoy your time here.

BTW, I just replied to your earlier post about iPhone battery health a few minutes ago.

Ian

Thanks for the reply. Will browse around the forum.

Reaction score

Take a second and say hi so we can welcome you to the Mac-Forums community!

New to forum too much to absorb, this is probably not quite right.
61, trying to learn programming, having fun, really avoided all this all my life but its opened a new way of thinking.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums, harris61.

Great to have you along. And congratulations and good luck in your new endeavours.

Ian

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You are very welcome to our Forums. There is much to learn and everybody has something to contribute. Don't be shy about asking.

Ian

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome aboard davidmichaels. Ive moved your post to the greeting area for new members.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.