• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Take a second and say hi so we can welcome you to the Mac-Forums community!

Reaction score

Hello, I’m Yolonda and I just started browsing threads here and so far I enjoy reading it. Looking forward to learn some more from all of you here. Glad that I have joined this forum :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome to our newest members. Great way to start the new year. Lots of helpful, friendly, folks here.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Welcome everyone.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (September 2014)
Hello everyone,
I recently switched from a Windows PC to Mac (MacBook Pro 2014) and I'm completely happy with my decision. Can't even think about going back to Windows again. I came to know about this forum while performing a Google search about how to edit a PDF on Mac. This forum is very informative and I'm now glad to be part of this forum. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Welcome to the forums!

So you want to edit a PDF. I guess that depends on how you want to edit it. Preview, which comes with OS X, can let you view PDF files and has tools to let you annotate them. If you want to outright edit the text in a PDF file, then you'll need a more robust editor. Adobe Acrobat would be the obvious choice, but that's big big $$$.
Adobe Acrobat Pro for Mac | MacUpdate

There's PDFpen, which is still pricey. I'd read up on the reviews of this carefully though.

Here's a good article comparing some alternatives. It's a little dated (2011), but should help you make a choice.
The Best PDF Viewer/Editor for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (September 2014)
Welcome to the forums!

So you want to edit a PDF. I guess that depends on how you want to edit it. Preview, which comes with OS X, can let you view PDF files and has tools to let you annotate them. If you want to outright edit the text in a PDF file, then you'll need a more robust editor. Adobe Acrobat would be the obvious choice, but that's big big $$$.

There's PDFpen, which is still pricey. I'd read up on the reviews of this carefully though.

Here's a good article comparing some alternatives. It's a little dated (2011), but should help you make a choice.
The Best PDF Viewer/Editor for Mac

I found a program called PDFelement to edit PDF files but still thank you for all the suggestions.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

Lesson #1 please read the forum descriptions before posting your threads..:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I found a program called PDFelement to edit PDF files but still thank you for all the suggestions.

Sabrina:

I moved your post to this thread where it belongs since you posted in the wrong area. Observe our forum descriptions and post appropriately. You posted in our Community announcement and suggestion area which is for just that.

And Welcome to Mac-Forums. Have fun and visit often. :)

Reaction score
Hello to all,

My name is Ray and I'm from Puerto Rico. PC gamer, PS4 player, MMA & Wrestling fan and now a newbie Mac user.

Ready to explore the Mac world and learn from your knowledge and experiences.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome to Mac-Forums Ray! :)

- Nick

Reaction score
How's it going guys?

I'm new to the Apple side of things.

Bought my iPhone 6 plus on December 24th.

And my Macbook Pro is supposed to be delivered on Friday.

I'm an 18 year old, freshman in my local community college.
Majoring in Social Work.

Glad to be here.

-
Say

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

Couple of nice purchases... iPhone 6+ and a new MacBook Pro. Looks like Santa was real good to you. ;D Have fun and stay tuned to our forums.

Reaction score
Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

Couple of nice purchases... iPhone 6+ and a new MacBook Pro. Looks like Santa was real good to you. ;D Have fun and stay tuned to our forums.

Santa was great this year haha.

And glad to be here.

Thanks for the welcome.

Reaction score
Here to vent - reply to iTunesstotesupport

Dear iTunesstoresupport,

What kind of no answer at all is this reply of yours? You have provided me with exactly zero ‘necessary information’ and you can poke your ‘related concern’ where the sun don’t shine - are you american to give such a vapid, insincere and insulting response?

I would be delighted to able to access the UK iTunes store from my home here in France to buy stuff - as I’ve already stated I am an Englishman and would much prefer to utilise english sites - I do speak, read and write French but find your French store, like all things French, unresponsive, slow and of lesser quality - in short - crap.

This is not an issue with other companies such as amazon or ebay but it would seem the concept of foreign nationals living in countries not of their birth and wishing to access sites in their native tongue is beyond your comprehension. A means to circumvent your companies' shortsightedness in this regard is what I was expecting as a reply, not the ‘get lost’ answer I received below.

I have been an a mac owner since the early nineties, from tower G4 to iMac and MacBooks, eschewing Microsoft products as inferior, both in aesthetic terms and software quality. Rest assured that if your insult below is indicative of the future of Apple, my current MacBook will be the last mac product I shall ever own.

I am not expecting you to resolve this matter now based on your response, will inform my relatives in the UK not to buy and send me any other Apple products, and trust that you feel from my words my utter contempt at your company.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Dear iTunesstoresupport,

What kind of no answer at all is this reply of yours? You have provided me with exactly zero ‘necessary information’ and you can poke your ‘related concern’ where the sun don’t shine - are you american to give such a vapid, insincere and insulting response?

I would be delighted to able to access the UK iTunes store from my home here in France to buy stuff - as I’ve already stated I am an Englishman and would much prefer to utilise english sites - I do speak, read and write French but find your French store, like all things French, unresponsive, slow and of lesser quality - in short - crap.

This is not an issue with other companies such as amazon or ebay but it would seem the concept of foreign nationals living in countries not of their birth and wishing to access sites in their native tongue is beyond your comprehension. A means to circumvent your companies' shortsightedness in this regard is what I was expecting as a reply, not the ‘get lost’ answer I received below.

I have been an a mac owner since the early nineties, from tower G4 to iMac and MacBooks, eschewing Microsoft products as inferior, both in aesthetic terms and software quality. Rest assured that if your insult below is indicative of the future of Apple, my current MacBook will be the last mac product I shall ever own.

I am not expecting you to resolve this matter now based on your response, will inform my relatives in the UK not to buy and send me any other Apple products, and trust that you feel from my words my utter contempt at your company.

You do realize that we are not even vaguely affiliated with Apple, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 5,1, Yosemite, Quad Core Xeon 2.8 Ghz, 2 x 2TB + 1 x 4TB HDDs, 8GB ECC RAM, ATI Radeon 5770
Hello,

After a sojourn from Apple/Macs of about 30 years, I am returning to the fold. I recently purchased a Mac Pro 5,1, Yosemite, Quad Core Xeon, 2.8 Ghz, 2 x 2TB HDDs, 8GB ECC RAM, and an ATI Radeon 5770 Graphics card to mention a few items. I do a lot of NLE and Audio work including video conversion work.

I addition to my new (to me) Mac, I have a wired and wireless network, several windows desktops, three laptops and an iPad. My connection to the internet is via a DSL line. I gave up on cable a few years ago due to poor reliability.

I have been a Microsoft user since the mid 80s so am familiar with all the vagaries and challenges that has presented me with.

I have been a member of the forum for a short while and have posted a few questions and got some really good help and advice.

I am currently residing in Florida and have lived in several countries and lots of towns and cities as a result of my work. I call it industrial tourism, one get's to travel and visit a lot of places at someone else's expense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
Hello again everyone!

Hopefully I’m remembered here buy a few people. Joined back in 2010, was active for 2 or so years then sort of dropped off of the radar.

A little bit about myself. I’m 18, I live in Canada, and I’m an avid audiophile, gamer, and pilot. I work at a local radio station as an evening show host, as well I use my pilot’s license and airplane to take pictures of the flooding during spring here so we can post it in our news portal.

Been lurking for a few days here, and I’m glad to see some names I still recognize :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello again everyone!

Hopefully I’m remembered here buy a few people. Joined back in 2010, was active for 2 or so years then sort of dropped off of the radar.

Saw your userid…it looked familiar…and I knew you weren't "new".;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.