• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Pedro and I have a late 2014 Macbook Air.
This is the first time I have a Mac, previously I had a LG running Elementary OS, and so far I'm loving my Mac :)

It will be really hard to get back to a PC after using a Mac :) I never thought I would ever say that, but it's true!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome to the forum Pedro.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Melanie

Welcome. Good to have you on the forums. Four years and no problems! Obviously a quick learner and a confident user. Long may it continue. We're here if you need us.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Hi Susie and Welcome!

There are a lot of nice people here that are willing to help. Glad to have you.

Lisa

Reaction score
New to Apple, New MacBookPro

Hello! Been on IBM/Windows for decades in the workforce. Have a new MacBookPro for Music, home studio. After a couple of months, I am getting better with Apple logic, which is so different from PC. Anyway, my MBP does not have an internal CD drive. I am trying to connect to an external burner, but the MBP doesn't seem to see it and I have no idea what to do next. Any "gentle" help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello! Been on IBM/Windows for decades in the workforce.

Welcome motilf.:)

Have a new MacBookPro for Music, home studio. After a couple of months, I am getting better with Apple logic, which is so different from PC. Anyway, my MBP does not have an internal CD drive. I am trying to connect to an external burner, but the MBP doesn't seem to see it and I have no idea what to do next. Any "gentle" help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Please post questions in the proper sub-area. This is a "welcome" thread.

Thanks,:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina 13" 2.6 i5 8 gb 500 ssd
New here.

Good morning all,
Just a quick word from an old computer user using MS software and now a Mac Book Pro user. I managed to get this hardly used 13" pro from a friend that is upgrading to the new 10" ipad. Anyway not such a learning curve as when I first started out back in the eighties when the first home computers came out.
What I like about my new Mac is the speed of everything compared to my Lenovo laptop, I think its mainly due to the 512 ssd and the operating system.
Bye for now.
John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15"
Welcome John.

After switching to Mac about a year ago. I never look back.

Even though my previous windows laptop was using SSD with 8Gb ram but windows 7 jus couldn't match OS X speed.

Welcome to the bright side.

Reaction score
Introduction

Hello, I'm new here. Have a Mac mini 2012 17 8gb, iPhone 6+ and the 2nd iPad.Used (and still used) Windows for decades. Been using Apple about 4-5 years now. Want to learn IOS development someday.

thanks

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome folks. Always nice to have new faces join the group. You'll find a very helpful group of folks here.

Reaction score
Hello, Long time Windows user just switched to Mac. Other then my iPhone and iPad I just got my first Mac Air 13". So far I love it.

Reaction score
I am a seasoned Apple user but a Mac-Forums newbie

Hello… I am a seasoned Apple user but a Mac-Forums newbie. I finally decided to join! :eek:

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
And about time too! Welcome. Great to have you with us.

Ian

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome. Glad to have you here.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome to you both. Nice to have you on board. Never hesitate to ask for help. Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, although stupid answers are not unknown! :)

Ian

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome to you as well, Tiffany.

I've destroyed data in my time, but that wasn't the intention!! That's how we live and learn. And this is a good site for swapping ideas and giving help. Look forward to your posts.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.