• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Hi Geoff - welcome to the forum! Just curious - your profile states the United States as your location -

Ahhh… I was wondering how and where you found that info Dave. :eek:

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Ahhh… I was wondering how and where you found that info Dave. :eek:

Hi Patrick - yep, in the profile, but I wish members would include their location viewable from posts - often helps in making a response, for me at least - Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but I wish members would include their location viewable from posts - often helps in making a response, …

That's a big understatement Dave and most could be helped much better if they at least included that info.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
glad to join the gang :') although i started off with a post deletion :rolleyes:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry about that @Oreo!, the post should have been closed prior to you replying as it was made by a troll.

And Welcome to our forums! ;D

Reaction score
Sorry about that @Oreo!, the post should have been closed prior to you replying as it was made by a troll.

And Welcome to our forums! ;D

Thank you :')
Was it definitely made by a troll ? It's hard to tell sometimes... chscag, I was responding to your post actually, I was just trying to say that there are rumours about the capabilities, and here in the UK, they plan to release for pre-order on 12th september. I honestly don't understand why someone would hate the iPhone 8. 16 MP both front and rear rumoured along with OIS, which combo is rare considering the samsung galaxy s7 has 12mp rear and 5mp back, whereas the samsung a5 has 16 mp both but no OIS, so I was just saying the iPhone 8 is the best of both. I'm talking about the rumours all over macrumors and all that.

I'm quite sure trolling means when you try to pick a fight rather than express your opinion ? The OP may have just been expressing an opinion off rumors...

Don't delete this post please :p

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not a problem Oreo!, but any more discussion about the iPhone 8 should be posted in our iPhone hardware forum. By the way, the iPhone 8 is also rumored to be the most expensive yet from Apple. (around $1K)

Reaction score
Not a problem Oreo!, but any more discussion about the iPhone 8 should be posted in our iPhone hardware forum. By the way, the iPhone 8 is also rumored to be the most expensive yet from Apple. (around $1K)

Yup I know, and that's what the alleged "troll" said :p
Edit:sorry for the OT again, I'll post in that forum lol

Reaction score
Hi

Hey folks. Name is Dan. Just got a macbook, definitely have some tech issues I hope you can help with.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Welcome to Mac-Forums Dan. I'm sure we can help.:)

- Nick

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome aboard. Always good to see new faces in the forum.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Hey folks. Name is Dan. Just got a macbook, definitely have some tech issues I hope you can help with.

For the right payment, no problem..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14

Hi Dan - welcome to the forum! :) A suggestion - put the 'specs' of your computer in your profile (in Settings) - always useful for others when responding to your questions. Dave

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Welcome, Dan.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For the right payment, no problem..

Hmmm… Ashwin…???

I probably can't afford your expertise and rate, but are you getting me confused and switching your avatar??? I'm sure it has just recently changed… or is my brain playing tricks on me… ???

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
New MacBook Pro owner

My first post here! I've been reading for about two weeks since I bought my MBP 13" w/ touch bar (i5 256GB). Lots of great information here.

I'm also new to MacOS. I've been a long time Apple fan though. I had an iPod Touch when they first came out and have been an iPhone 6+ user since it came out. I love the products, reliability, speed, and beauty. Once I unboxed and started using this MBP I couldn't believe it took me this long to change over.

I work in IT/IS and rarely support Macs. When I did have to I had no idea what I was doing. I'm now about to navigate confidently and have a Note on my Mac with frequently used and useful keyboard shortcuts to memorize. I haven't had a chance to really get into the terminal but I'm hoping to learn a coding language on this laptop.

I also just installed the High Sierra beta. After getting Time Machine in order and downloading the Sierra OS install from the App Store and transferring to a USB I decided I'd go ahead with it and test it out. So far it's working flawlessly!

Glad to be here and thank you all for the great information! Now I have to decide what is next... iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3, or iPad Pro...

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum and to the Mac world! Come here any time you have a question and want to find an answer. There are a lot of knowledgable people who visit.

Reaction score
Thank you! Yes, I've definitely noticed some knowledgeable and warm folks here. Definitely a good forum. And it's not overwhelming with granularity like say a Windows forum and not underwhelming like say a Samsung only forum. Just right!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Welcome to the forum! For your next Apple product may I suggest the Apple Watch? I will be getting my third shortly and obviously, I love them. To me the watch adds the missing link. I love the notification features. And well I could go on and on.... ;)

Lisa

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Welcome link182ps2. Lots of great folks and info here.:)

- Nick

p.s. Your thread was merged with our "Introduce yourself" thread.:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.