• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks Nic,
Thought it was about time i made use of the Mac more than the basics... lol....

You won't get any arguments from me on that Craig!;)

If you want to...you can add your computer specs to your Mac-Forums profile. Then they will appear under your avatar/username each time you post. If an answer to a question happens to need system specs (hardware specs & OS version)...then they will already be there (please take a look under my or other members avatar's to see what I'm referring to).:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I hadn't thought of the specs before Nick. That's a great idea and would save me tryping it in each time I ask a question.. Ta for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Hi there...
Thanks for that... I am from Scotland.... West Coast....

Craig

Welcome from another West Coaster, even if we are on the opposite sides of the world. (West Coast of BC Canada for me.)

I trust you'll be bringing your bagpipes and hopefully drone out some of the banjo players here with any Mac related questions you might have. :D

- Patrick
======

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hadn't thought of the specs before Nick. That's a great idea and would save me tryping it in each time I ask a question.. Ta for that.

You are very welcome John!:) It really does help if specs are important in helping to answer a question. Of course many of us have multiple Apple "toys"...and there may not be enough room under the Avatar for the specs of all the "toys". But just like you did (and other's do)...more specs can be listed in the signature area (if someone isn't using the signature area for other things).:)

- Nick

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Craig

Well, I'm from the East Coast - but I'm, sure you won't hold that against me. Edinburgh, born and bred.

The real point is that these Forums have people from all over the world. So we can run a round-the-clock service.

Welcome.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Welcome from another West Coaster, even if we are on the opposite sides of the world. (West Coast of BC Canada for me.)

I trust you'll be bringing your bagpipes and hopefully drone out some of the banjo players here with any Mac related questions you might have. :D
- Patrick
======

Not a West coaster or Scot, but this was me a couple of years back as an apprentice learning to be an aircraft eleky in the R.A.F

Well, it may well be a little longer than that, but time does fly doesn't it? 1960 to be honest !!!! This was on my arm

And it was at R.A.F. St Athans in S Wales. I still have my practice chanter. It seemed to get stuck in my kit when I left for my posting to R.A.F. Lyneham. Strange that?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a West coaster or Scot, but this was me a couple of years back as an apprentice learning to be an aircraft eleky in the R.A.F

Great that's just a "couple of years back". Would be terrible to see a "really old" photo!;)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe something like this:

Cave drawing.jpg

LOL

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Or, being as this is an introduce yer sel thread? How's about another of me. Photo taken at the Scout HQ of the 1st Home Troop, Malta in about 1955 or 6. Our HQ was in the old stables of the Knights of St John in the walls of Valetta. Just behind us there's about an 80' drop!!! I am on the right hand side in the light uniform, my sis is at the very top in the Guide jobbie.

Or spring forward to 1967 and me in my 1946 MGTC in the Old Thompson Road Sprint. This was whilst I was serving 2 1/2 years in Singapore for Queen and country. ****, but someone had to do it :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Our old scout HQ is now a restaurant called The Rampila and not the cheapest it is good enough that we went several times when we visited Malta last year and the year before.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fun days!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Or spring forward to 1967 and me in my 1946 MGTC in the Old Thompson Road Sprint

Thanks John, but I'd prefer my fun 1960 MGA 1600 that was prepped for NW Conference racing (I didn't do any racing myself), but it went like stink.

Sorry no photo of me or mine but here's it's brother:
mga_1600_roadster_rhd_rot_1959_0004_2-620x461.jpg

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's a proper MGA Patrick and not a left hooker ;) You sit on the correct drive of the proper ones, the right :Evil::Evil: The MGAs are lovely cars. Very stylish even by today's standards. The new, so called, MGs may well be OK, but they, like the Beetle and BMW 'Mini" are just trading on prior icons.

I almost swapped my TC for an MGA Twink, but the wind screen was crazed and I couldn't get another one. The twin cam jobbies went like **** in the night straight out of the box

That photo of mine was on the Thompson Road sprint and that was the back stretch of the original Singapore Grands Prix, Formula Libre, track and that was also my route to work at R.A.F. Tengah every morning!!

We should have a separate thread for this little lot?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's a proper MGA Patrick and not a left hooker

Odd John, I hadn't really even noticed but I will says that the "right hookers" and I never really got along very well.

And be thankful you didn't end up with the MGA TwinCam. Yes, they did go like stink — when they ran, but that too often wasn't for long.

I was lucky and worked with an excellent mechanic who had trained at the BMC Motorworks, on Abbington on Thames I believe. There were rumors that the MGA cars were made by the Water Sprites there!!!!

PS: Nice hat you wear BTW.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The MGA is a very pretty motor car.

Another that my TC nearly got swapped for was a Lotus 11, but the then SWMBO started throwing toys out cots about being exposed to the elements ALL the time and other silly little things, so it went by the board.

Going back to the TC. This was the engine with the bonnet removed (that's the proper name for the bit that covers the engineO:)O:) )

It looked amazing with all the aluminium polished and shining blrightly and all those MG badges. That photo was taken just after I had bought it. I spent 3 months getting it sorted for the road.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Another that my TC nearly got swapped for was a Lotus 11,

I'd have to agree with SWMBO on that option, and about the most impractical care one could own. But they sure went like h*ll and cornered like they were on rails. Definitely a fun car to buzz about in. :Blushing:

So did the Fairthorpe Zeta kit car I almost bought that used a modded Ford Zephyr six and a carb for each cylinder option.

But the sensibility Gods got to my brain and made a better decision.

PS: I never realized that the TC engine used so many castings.

- Patrick
======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
But the sensibility Gods got to my brain and made a better decision.

- Patrick
======
Since when did anything interesting or fun come from listening to them?;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"PS: I never realized that the TC engine used so many castings."

It didn't normally P, but this one was special and I didn't realise it. It also had 10" steel brake drums with aluminium fins for cooling. Normally they were 9" steel, full stop, or as you lot may say, period?? (is that correct?)

I was told that it had raced in the Singapore F Libre GP, but I have no proof of that?

It's quite strange that I can still remember the chassis number! It was 1464 and my Forces Driving Club Singaproe membership number was 1644.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Since when did anything interesting or fun come from listening to them?;)

SD, please don't get me on that lot or I may well upset quite a lot of people? A very good mate of mine has been trying to get me to go to his god shop, but I told him his vicar would not like the bill for the roof that dropped on me :Evil::Evil: I have met his vicar and he is a really nice bloke even although he's an Aussie (only kidding, my sis and brother-in-law are 1/2 Aussie now!!)

Reaction score
Hello!

HI, it is a pleasure to be a member of the forum! I look forward to giving and receiving help!

-Artist
-Teacher
-Greek
2009 MacBook
2017 MacBook Pro

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.