• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
Saw your userid…it looked familiar…and I knew you weren't "new".;)

- Nick
Nick! Good to see you’re still around as well.

Reaction score
introduction

Hi everyone. I'm Kevin. I bought my first mac mid 2007. Am in the process of adding a new hard drive and have already added ram. Hoping to get a few more years out of it.

Reaction score
Hey Im Craig and I have read part of the forum before but this never joined in. I work at an apple related startup and thought it would be smart to join up and stay on top of everything apple, products , user experience etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Hi Kevin,

Welcome! I am sure you can get a few more years out of your 2007. You might want to post some more info about your mac like is it an iMac, mac pro or macbook etc.

Again welcome!

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Craig,

Welcome to the forum. You will definitely get a lot of information on anything Apple here - and plenty of opinions to go with it. There are some really knowledgeable people here too! So enjoy!

Lisa

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm Cindy. I live in the Bay Area, quite close to Apple HDQ.
I got my first Apple product when I was in High School..... (let's just say it was the 70's)
Yes I am old to the young gang, but young to the old gang!
Been an Apple nut every since.
I am one of those who "always has to have the latest toy" (embarrassed tho)
I have currently a Macbook Air, iPhone 6, iPod, Apple TV, iPad mini, and probably a few little guys I am forgetting...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Cindy!

I too was in high school in the 70's and I plan to stay young - mentally - as long as I live!

I too love my apple toys and prefer the "latest, greatest" but I will tend to keep around what is still working well. My "toys" are listed under my avatar.

Welcome to the forum. There are some very nice people here. Enjoy!

Lisa

Reaction score
New to mac forums

Hi everyone,
I'm new here. I join here just for discussion and share my ideas and get some help from experts. Hope I'll get help from you. Anyway, I'm morgan roy. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Morgan

Welcome! If you want to learn just keep reading on this forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that will give great advice.

Lisa

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Welcome Morgan. Have fun at Mac-Forums!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 14,1, MacBookPro 8,1
Randy here,

Not actually new to the site, as I bought a MacBook Pro about a year ago when my HP laptop died, but today I feel like a new user having received a new iMac for my 65th birthday! This morning, I re-formatted my Windows desktop prior to giving it away, and it was pretty scary, I can tell you.

I worked as a PC support tech for the last 11 years before I retired, so I'm going to have to un-learn a lot of stuff. I did Unix training about 10 years ago, so am hoping to reacquaint myself by fooling around with the Terminal app on my Mac. I hope it hasn't been too long.

Started my computing journey with a Commodore 64 back in 1982. Paid $525 for it at Target, and didn't realize that you needed a separate storage device until after I got it home, and realized that I could not save anything without one! Graduated to Amiga when they came out, and I still think that it was one of the great computing/gaming devices.

Only thing I wish the Mac's came with is a thick manual, as I love delving into the innards of the more obscure apps, and OS.

Lifelong Minnesota resident who has recently moved full time to the Phoenix area.

Cheers to everyone.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome aboard. The C64 was a geat computer. I stated on the Apple II series but my wife loved her C64 and still swears it was one of the best machines she ever used.

Like you, I sometimes miss the days of large manuals. The thumb through and find the answer just isn't the same with the web. You might find the Missing Manuals series helpful in that regard.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Lifelong Minnesota resident who has recently moved full time to the Phoenix area.

Going from the "icebox" to the "oven" must have been quite an experience. Love the Phoenix area. Spent several great years there when I was stationed at Luke AFB. Welcome to the forums!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome Randy!

Love it when someone comes to the forum with memories similar to mine! I started when the kids brought home a TI-99 to play games on. Found myself programming it in BASIC. Had a friend with a Commodore 64 and I remember the clicking keyboard. My brother had an Amiga which he loved his too. Good memories.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac w/ 24GB, 15" MacBookPro
Newbie here~!

Hi, my name is Andy Brown and am new to Mac Forums. I've been an IT professional for almost 30yrs (Unix/Linux/Windows). I started with an Apple II+ in college and have finally made it back to Apple/Mac about 2yrs ago. I'm always looking to learn how to get more from my Mac computers. Currently working to find info on building my home network based around Mac. I'm very anxious to crawl thru the Mac Forums posts to see what I can learn~!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums! Have fun and visit often.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome Andy. Enjoy the forums.

Reaction score
Hello. I make tech.

Hello! New member here!

I'm a developer and designer. I previously worked for Google as senior engineer building mobile products, but now my wife and I run our own startup. My first product is an off-camera Bluetooth flash for iPhone: launched it on Kickstarter just over a year ago and now it sells in Apple Stores.

Happy to be part of the community. Hit me up if you have any questions about software development (all types), hardware, design, Kickstarter, etc - always happy to contribute opinions and ideas.

Based in Chicago, two kids, lover of all technology that makes lives better and total geek.

Thanks
-Joe

Reaction score
Checking back in after sometime...

Hey people, I'm popping in to see how things are, here.
It's been a while, 3 yrs or so, some things happened that prevented me from
visiting, but I'm gonna try to come by more frequent from now on, that is...

if you'll have me ;D

SM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.