• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello and welcome "audiowave". Great to see another European member!:)

Sounds like you have some awesome computing skills & computing experience.

Again welcome to Mac-Forums.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Introduction

Hello, I am Vladimir Aksyonov . I really love to join this forum because I came here to share & Get knowledge, information.

s0s

Reaction score
Hi

I have a lot of old Macs and Apple computers. I have an original Apple ][, Apple IIe, Apple IIc, Macintosh SE, Performa 5200CD, two Power Mac 7200/75, Power Mac 7200/90, several slot iMac G3s, a Power Mac G4/400 MHz (Sawtooth), and a Power Mac G4 733 MHz Quicksilver.

I'm currently trying to upgrade my Performa as much as I possibly can.

I'm also planning on writing some software for Mac OS Classic.

Looking forward to enjoying this site.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome aboard. That's quite a collection of gear that you have there. I dare say it rivals the collections of a few of our other members here.

Enjoy your stay.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@s0s,

You sure are welcome here. It's a friendly forum and there's always someone who knows something about any problem. With members from around the world, it's a 24 hour forum.

Ian

s0s

Reaction score
Thanks! I really appreciate the warm and sincere welcomes :D

I forgot to mention that I also have some old Apple printers; a couple printers that I think are dot matrix printers (they're really heavy lol!), and an inkjet printer, but I forgot the models of them. They're over at a friend's house right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A designer with Macbook Pro 15" 2014, iPhone 6S+, Apple Watch, iPad Air
Hello!

Hello I'm Tuan and I'm a new member from Vietnam ^^
Nice to meet you. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Hello, welcome to the forums.
Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions, fire away ....

Cheers ... McBie

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome Tuan. Glad to have you as a new member.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A designer with Macbook Pro 15" 2014, iPhone 6S+, Apple Watch, iPad Air
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Thank you, I have many questions and I will solve them :Sleeping:

Well, no problem w/ 'self confidence', but if you have solutions to issues asked in the forum, then please share them w/ us! ;) Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6 Ghz Intel I5, 8 gb 1600 Mhz DDR3, 1 TB
New to Apple Mini

Hi, my wife and I have been Windows users for about 25 years. My wife decided several years ago to try out an Apple IPAD and loved it. At that time I was still using an Android table. So my tablet went kaflewee (spelling?). I was using my wife's Apple IPAD and she wanted it back and suggested I get my own :) So I went out and bought my own Apple IPAD, loved it! So that went on for a year or so and it came time to get a new computer. The Mac Mini was interesting so I decided to try it out...using my existing monitor, keyboard and mouse was desirable. I didn't want to pay so much for a Apple MacBook Pro. I love the Mac Mini! It is now my main computer that I use. Earlier this year my wife and I switched to the IPHone....love it! So I guess you can say we're almost completely Apple users now!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
And a very warm welcome to our Forums. We have members from around the world so there's someone to help 24 hours a day.

Drop in any time even if you have no problems pending; always something to learn from others.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi, my wife and I have been Windows users for about 25 years. My wife decided several years ago to try out an Apple IPAD and loved it.......

Hi BigMacMini - welcome to the forum! :) Your story is familiar to many of us here - I started out w/ an Apple II+ in 1980, then by mid-80s, my medical center switched to PCs, which my wife & I used for nearly 30 years - retired in 2011 when I purchased my first iPad - then decided to dump our PCs - now iMac, 2 Mac laptops, 2 iPads, an iPod Touch, and an iPhone (plus an AirPort Extreme router) - only regret is that I do miss MS Access but don't want to run Windows.

SO like me, you're a member of the 'switcher club' here - enjoy and hope to see you posting. Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
Great to hear!!! Apple Rules!!!

Hi, my wife and I have been Windows users for about 25 years. My wife decided several years ago to try out an Apple IPAD and loved it. At that time I was still using an Android table. So my tablet went kaflewee (spelling?). I was using my wife's Apple IPAD and she wanted it back and suggested I get my own :) So I went out and bought my own Apple IPAD, loved it! So that went on for a year or so and it came time to get a new computer. The Mac Mini was interesting so I decided to try it out...using my existing monitor, keyboard and mouse was desirable. I didn't want to pay so much for a Apple MacBook Pro. I love the Mac Mini! It is now my main computer that I use. Earlier this year my wife and I switched to the IPHone....love it! So I guess you can say we're almost completely Apple users now!

Great to hear that you are enjoying the life of an Apple user. The greatest aspect for all Apple users is that all of your devices just work so seamlessly together. As if Apple planned it that way...;D

Reaction score
Greetings from Columbus, Wisconsin

Hey all, I am iMav. I have been a Mac user since I dipped my toe into the Mac world with the purchase of a G4 Mac mini. (my first Intel-based Mac was a Mac mini with a CoreSOLO CPU)

In a former life, I was a UNIX admin...so Macs were not interesting to me until OS X was released (with its BSD-base).

My primary driver is a Late-2013, 27" iMac (with quad-core 3.5 GHz Core i7, 32GB of ram, and 512GB of solid state storage).

I also own a Mid-2012 Macbook Pro (with dual-core 2.9 GHz Core i7, 16GB of ram, and 1.5TB of Fusion drive storage (512GB SSD + 1TB HDD).

I recently picked up a Mid-2010 white plastic unibody Macbook (2.4 GHz Core2Duo, 16GB of ram, 640GB Fusion drive storage (128GB SSD + 512GB HDD).

I also just ordered a 2016 Retina Macbook (512GB, m5).

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

My name's Attilio, I'm from Italy and my first Mac was a 2004 iBook G4, a gift from a friend in spring 2016. Few weeks later, I bought a MacBook Pro 15, since I had fallen in love with macOS, so convenient for work as Linux - that I use daily at work - but at the same time much more user friendly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Welcome to the forums.
Enjoy your stay and should you have any questions, ask away.
There is always someone around to help you.

Cheers ... McBie

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome to Mac-Forums atilivs.:)

- Nic

Reaction score
New Mac user new to forum !!!

Hows it going ?? My name is Bill and I am new to the forum so I thought I would say hello to everyone and properly introduce myself before I start posting around the forums. I have been a PC user for years (I'm 30 now) ever since I built my first computer at 10yrs old back in 1997. Recently I used a friends MacBook and absolutely loved it , so I recently switched over. I should of bought Mac's years and years ago , they are on every level better than PC's. I bought two used Mac's refurbished wiped clean so when you powered them up its as if they were brand new being setup for the 1st time. I bought a 24in iMac/3ghz dual core/8GB Memory/320GB HD and a White Unibody Macbook from 2010/2.4GHz Intel Core 2 duo/250gb HD n 8GBs of Memory both running Mac OS El-Capitan. Apple really build beyond quality machines , I look around and a lot of PCs being sold at best-buy today aren't as nice the Mac's I have that were built a few years ago . I bought my Mac's used just to make sure I wanted to switch everything over before spending 2K on a new machine, and planned on buying a Brand New Mac , but once I settled into my new machines I realized their is no reason to buy a new one. Everything i need to do I can do on the ones I have now , both are lighting fast. I ordered my wife a new Macbook Pro new that will be here next week, but for me I just staying with what I have, I absolutely love both of my Mac's, I just wish I knew how much better they were than Windows based PCs a long time ago.:D:):D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.