• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
@KevinJS Welcome to the forum. Thanks for helping out with the question about the LG TV and passing sound without going through the Mac. You're answer never occurred to me.

One of these days we must discuss some of those neat tricks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
A warm welcome. By the way, I like your Avatar. Is that a Tandberg or an Akai?

Thanks. That is an Akai GX-635D. I bought it a while back and gave it a good cleaning. It works a treat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Kevin - have been absent from the forum a few days and just saw your intro - welcome to Mac-Forums - you're already helping, just saw your fix for the French KB - since I've never switched KBs on my devices, was not aware of that interaction - excellent suggestion! Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Dave. Good to see you here, and thanks for pointing me in the direction of this forum. Looks like it's more hands-on than some of the other forums. It will be interesting trying to figure out some of the issues that haven't cropped up before in other places.

The keyboard thing was an easy one. I have 4 installed on my iPhone; English, French, German and Greek, so I was already aware of the behaviour of spell-check, and especially the fact that a reset won't affect the selected keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Dave. Good to see you here, and thanks for pointing me in the direction of this forum. Looks like it's more hands-on than some of the other forums. It will be interesting trying to figure out some of the issues that haven't cropped up before in other places.

The keyboard thing was an easy one. I have 4 installed on my iPhone; English, French, German and Greek, so I was already aware of the behaviour of spell-check, and especially the fact that a reset won't affect the selected keyboard.

Hi again Kevin - some great people here w/ LOTS of experience w/ Apple products, and there are always some interesting and often challenging threads/posts appearing - hope to see you active here - also, there is a 'basement' for off-topic threads called Schweb's Lounge if you might be interested. Dave :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Geez Dave I was hoping he wouldn't discover the off topic area for a while. How are we going to keep him answering questions if things keep jumping off topic?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Geez Dave I was hoping he wouldn't discover the off topic area for a while. How are we going to keep him answering questions if things keep jumping off topic?

Hey Sly.... - LOL! - well, Kevin is one of the mods in the iPad Forums, so he and I, along w/ others of course, have frequented and exchanged posts in their 'basement version' called Off-Topic - ;) Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Off topic? My favourite. I'll have to take a look. Oh, endless posts detailing the music I'm listening to and the present alcoholic beverage are sure to ensue.

OK. I'll behave.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Off topic? My favourite. I'll have to take a look. Oh, endless posts detailing the music I'm listening to and the present alcoholic beverage are sure to ensue.

OK. I'll behave.

LOL! But a reminder - just poured me a 'wee dram' of the Kentucky bourbon below over a little crushed ice - a reminder of my Kentucky visit last fall! Dave :)
jeffersons-reserve-very-old.jpg

Reaction score
Hello to everyone,

I have been looking for a good Mac forum and this looks like a nice one.

I am using Mac since 1 year ago and I am not disappointed. I got an Iphone 6s Plus and a MacBook Pro Retina 13" (one in my home and another one in my job).

I hope that this forum would be a space where everyone could share and learn a lot of useful things.

See you!

Azor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Azor - welcome to the forum! :) Hope that you enjoy - Dave

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
You've come to the right place. You are most welcome.

Ian

Reaction score
Hello Forum Members,

Just joined the forum and I see a lot of good information on it. I've been a Windows guy since my first computer a long, long time ago. I got fed up with the drama with Microsoft so I bought my first Apple computer three months ago. I bought the Mac 27", I need it, getting old and my eye sight isn't what it use to be. Still learning on it, so I'll probably be asking questions if not already answered on this forum. I'm Retired Navy and Retired Over-the-Road Truck Driver and collecting Social Security. I love traveling when I was younger but now I just love spending those Retirement Checks. We'll be getting an Apple laptop for my wife in a few months also. Thanks everyone and have a nice Day. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello Forum Members,

Just joined the forum and I see a lot of good information on it. I've been a Windows guy since my first computer a long, long time ago. I got fed up with the drama with Microsoft so I bought my first Apple computer three months ago. I bought the Mac 27", I need it, getting old and my eye sight isn't what it use to be. Still learning on it, so I'll probably be asking questions if not already answered on this forum. I'm Retired Navy and Retired Over-the-Road Truck Driver and collecting Social Security. I love traveling when I was younger but now I just love spending those Retirement Checks. We'll be getting an Apple laptop for my wife in a few months also. Thanks everyone and have a nice Day. :)

Welcome, and congratulations on retiring from OTR. It's good to know that there's a light at the end of that particular tunnel. Not that I'm complaining. I'm still in love with the open road.

Great choice for your first Apple computer. I guarantee you are going to love it.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your time here.

Reaction score
Great choice for your first Apple computer. I guarantee you are going to love it.

Yes I already do love it. :) What took me so log to get an Mac? I should have made the switch a long time ago.

Thank you Slydude and KevinJS for the Welcome. :)

Reaction score
Hello, I am Raj Narayan and I'm very passionate about technology, communication, and helping people become their best. Am specializes in mobile- and web-based application development. I feel happy to know that Everyone here at Mac uses multiple Apple devices every day, including iPhone, iPad, and Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Hi Raj, a warm welcome to the forums.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Diipii the Dreadful

Take a second and say hi so we can welcome you to the Mac-Forums community!

I have been a Mac user most of my working life (Art and design) now the owner of a once capable iMac which is now sitting on a book case unused and very unloved having boiled itself to death. I am hoping the new Mac Pro will be out before I die or become terminally incontinent so that I can edit all the video clips I am gathering. The past few years have seen me falling progressively out of love with Apple and their fluffy-pink-bunny-save-the-world ethos and their refusal to make the best computers any more. Phones, Pads and Pods are just the fluff on the backside of computers.
In fact if they don't buck their ideas up by autumn I am jumping ship back to Windows where all the cool new pro stuff is and value for money is evident.
Hello by the way.

Reaction score
mac newbie

Hi, everyone! Thanks for making me feel welcomed through this friendly discussion. I'm new in this forum and so excited to have pleasant forum conversation with other members!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.