• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro5.1,Dual2.4GHzXeon,10.13.6,4x6TB HD,128GB Mem,Dual 32" monitors
Hello marie, welcome to our play ground, I hope you enjoy the professionalism and friendliness of the members here! I love the Mac computer and the only thing that upsets me about having a Mac is all the time I wasted on Windows!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome Xenia, I like your name, Xenia is the ancient Greek concept of hospitality! I'm sure you will find the group to have the hospitality and expertise you require!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011), iPad Air (late '13), iPhone 5
Welcome Xenia, I like your name, Xenia is the ancient Greek concept of hospitality! I'm sure you will find the group to have the hospitality and expertise you require!!
Thank you so much! So far I'm very impressed with the community and the way the forum is maintained.

My name also has the Russian connotation for the Stranger, who is probably wandering...there's a very great Russian Orthodox saint of around the 18th century, named Saint Xenia of St. Petersburg.

Still having little hiccups of not remembering where I can find certain things, such as the list of members currently logged in. This is listed at the bottom of certain pages, just haven't paid close enough attention, I guess, to exactly where I am at that time! I frequent another site which uses vBulletin, but still, the configuration is only similar.

Oh Dear, I hope it's OK for me to discuss this here.....Mods, have mercy on me for a little while, OK?:eek::'(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Oh Dear, I hope it's OK for me to discuss this here.....Mods, have mercy on me for a little while, OK?:eek::'(

Welcome Xenia.:) Yes please…only intro stuff here.:) If there is an issue or confusion regarding something else…please start a new thread in the proper subject area.

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
hello.

Hi, Just bought a new iMac. I have been looking to purchase one for some time. I have always had a Dell Laptop since college and always wanted a nice Apple computer. Just got married so I figure my office could use a sweet new computer. Loving it so far, I will be browsing these forums to get myself familiar with my new purchase. Thanks!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome to the forums. Congrats on the marriage and new Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome manders, you will enjoy this forum I'm sure, and your getting married is right down my field of expertise.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi, Just bought a new iMac. I have been looking to purchase one for some time. I have always had a Dell Laptop since college and always wanted a nice Apple computer. Just got married so I figure my office could use a sweet new computer. Loving it so far, I will be browsing these forums to get myself familiar with my new purchase. Thanks!

Welcome manders.:)

Two things:

1. I'm not really clear how getting married & getting a "sweet new computer" for the office are related? Normally (logically) getting married & buying a new computer are not necessarily connected. For example…when I got married…I didn't have some sort of hormonal urge or biological instinct to purchase a new computer.;) Maybe I missed something.;)

2. You mentioned having a Dell laptop…and now purchased a "nice Apple computer".:) Again…not sure how getting married means purchasing a new computer…AND…that new computer being a switch from a Windows based computer to an Apple computer.:)

Maybe there's some details missing that make this seem more logical.:)

Again…welcome.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook Pro MC118LL/A
Introduction

Hi, I am Ganha Nugraha from Indonesia, I am new member here, nice to meet you. O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ganha, welcome to the forum! I have spent a lot of time in Bali filming weddings. You will like it here I think!
Carl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Hi Ganha!

You will find a lot of nice knowledgable people here that are from all over the globe who are very glad to share.

Welcome!

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Welcome aboard Ganha! I have learned a lot since coming here and every day it seems like there is another thing I did not know about Apple and their products.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi there and welcome. Tell us a bit about yourself!

Mid-West folks are small with words…but big with actions!;) Of course with an internet forum…being "big with words" is important!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Introduction

Hello, you can call me Xegaman. I am new to Mac and here is the story of how I came to be. I like to play video games. Well I owned a XBox One but I found it to mostly be violent video games. Sure I owned Halo, but I let it collect dust. I like lighthearted simple games like some of the ones that are indie made and also Rayman, Megaman and Sonic.

I really loved some of the games I played on iPad, but I ended up stupidly parting with my iPad because it didn't have an Ethernet port and I had some wireless router frustrations with it. Well anyway, right now all I have is a Samsung Galaxy phone, which actually works fine on my router. And since I don't have a computer, just a phone, and I wasn't liking my XBox One well enough, I sold my XBox One collection (system + games) and bought a $699 Mac Mini. I think I will be happy with it.

I tried OS X briefly while in college and I seemed to like it better than Windows. I loved iPad more than say, a Windows desktop PC, so we will see how I like Mac when I get my Mac Mini in 1-2 days. Occasionally I will play something fairly graphical too, but I think this Mac might be able to hold up against it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Welcome to the forum cspringer518 and Xegaman.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome Xegaman. Nice intro!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
Hi, all.

Thought I'd better add my stone to this pile.

When I'm not trucking around western Canada, I'm generally to be found in my cave surrounded by computer and hifi equipment. I've been using Apple equipment for several years; iPad 2, AppleTV, various iPhones and rMBP.

I wouldn't call what I do expertise, but I have managed to put together a system that can do some pretty neat tricks and at a quite amazing volume.

My thanks to @RadDave who pointed me in the direction of this forum.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A warm welcome. By the way, I like your Avatar. Is that a Tandberg or an Akai?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.