Hard Drive Upgrade Help Requested

Reaction score
I looked through some older post but did not really find an answer so i will ask here.... so if this is a repeat question.

I am wanting to upgrade to 1TB drive from my existing 320GB primary drive in a Mac Pro. I am thinking I can do a "clone" of my primary drive to the new drive and then use the "cloned drive" as my primary.

Like I said, I am thinking along these lines but not sure if this is even really possible. I would like suggestions of what would be the best way to achieve this upgrade with the understanding that my system today is running fine with no issues. I don't think there is anything to be gained by doing fresh install since all is good at this point.

I am running Lion 10.7
6GB RAM

Thanks for your help

B

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can easily clone a drive using programs like SuperDuper or carbonCopyCloner

the cloned drive will be an exact cloned bootable copy, then its just a matter of installing the new drive

iFixit does some great guides about how to pull apart and upgrade just about any component in just about any mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.