Slingbox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Pretty wild device. I'm going to look into it a bit more. Thanks

EDIT... I found some info on your question.
From this site: http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000933050954/

What about a Mac version?

We don’t have any announcement yet. We intend to release it in the next few months. Sometimes working with Apple involves getting our Slingstream technology to fully work on a Mac, which means we might need some cooperation from the company that holds the keys to that. That company is not necessarily the easiest to partner with. But it’s great to see the demand from the consumers, because that gives us a lot more ammunition when we approach them. So I actually love the Mac guys complaining and pounding on it, so I urge them to keep it up.

Hope this helps. :)

OP
H

Harryc

Great article TJ, thanks! Hopefully demand from the Apple laptop users out there will speed things up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Harryc said:
Great article TJ, thanks! Hopefully demand from the Apple laptop users out there will speed things up.
Glad you liked it. Im looking forward to seeing more on this device. Thanks for the post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
for those of you who are still waiting for the Slingbox to have a Mac OS X client, it is now available. It is still in beata but it works pretty well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the only update is that beta 2 is available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
None so far. MY wife is going away this week and will be using it a lot. I'll check with her to see if she has any problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I got a slingbox AV today....awesome is all I can say. great quality on my LAN and my friend tested it on his computer on wifi across the country and said it was good

Reaction score
I also have one and I have decided that it is one of the best and most useful pieces of technology I have EVER owned, second to my mac of course.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.