OS X Lion Questions

Reaction score
Hello,

Few questions about OS X Lion i have on my new MacBook. My MacBook is a few months old and i decided to upgrade to OS X Lion.

Few things i don't like that hopefully there is a fix for.

In FireFox "My Personal Browser Choice" on the previous OS X, 3 finger swipes to the left would bring me to my previous browsing page, 3 finger swipe to the right would bring me back.

Now 3 finger swipe to the left brings me to the page with my Widgets on it. Any way to fix this?

Also i dont like the "all my files" in the finder. Its annoying and cluttered and i would never use it considering all my files are arranged and organized how i like them. Can this be removed?

I will admit the "air drop" feature seems cool however have not used it yet "not many friends with macs" :]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
In FireFox "My Personal Browser Choice" on the previous OS X, 3 finger swipes to the left would bring me to my previous browsing page, 3 finger swipe to the right would bring me back.

FF needs to be updated to work with Lion's gestures, it's a FF problem. You could always try Safari 5.1 or the latest dev version of Chrome.

Now 3 finger swipe to the left brings me to the page with my Widgets on it. Any way to fix this?

You can modify the default gestures in Lion, or verify what they all are under your Trackpad/Mouse preferences in System Preferences. There you can turn them on or off and modify them to your liking.

lion%20gestures.png

Also i dont like the "all my files" in the finder. Its annoying and cluttered and i would never use it considering all my files are arranged and organized how i like them. Can this be removed?

You can configure your Finder sidebar in the Finder preferences.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.