Apple AirPort Express (wth Air Tunes) with speedtouch 330?

M

microfish

Hi there,

Just after a quick bit of advice really...
I have recentley got myself broadbanded up at home, and am now fed up of all the wires I've got coming from my laptop. Will the airport express with air tunes as work with a speedtouch 330 (which is a USB modem), is it just a case of plugging the 330 into the airport express, plug my speakers into it, and away I go? I have a G4 powerbook with airport extreme.

I'm just a little confused at the difference between a airport extreme base station (with modem) and this? Is the Airport express basically a modem-less base station? Will there be lower broadband speeds with the express?

Sorry for the ramble, I just want to make the right choice.

Thanks in advance!

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Airport Extreme Basestation is a wireless broadband router with optional built in dial up modem.

Airport Express allows you to broadcast music from iTunes to a remote set of powered speakers, or act as a USB print server, or act as an external wifi for a wired machine. It can also do all of the above at once. It doesn't act as a router.

I'm pretty sure you don't need an Airport Basestation to use Airport Express. Just an Airport Extreme card in your laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.