10.6.8 Apps crash on launch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
So whenever I try to open a lot of my applications, they crash upon launch. They include (so far): Skype, Ventrilo, iTunes and Magic Jack. With Vent and Skype, I was able to go to the info pane, check "Open using Rosetta" and they launch fine. Magic Jack and iTunes, however, do not have this option and continuously crashes right when I try to open them. I have a college interview in about 7 hours on the number associated with the Magic Jack, so would really like to get this working by then.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

OP
saxnbass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
Update: I closed Mumble (Mumble) as no one was on, tried launching both MagicJack and iTunes, and they work.

Update 2: So I've tracked the entire problem down to the Mumble Overlay, not Mumble itself. The iTunes crash log stated it was the overlay causing it not to launch, so uninstalling the Mumble Overlay has fixed my issues, or it seems to have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.