Advice on laptop

Reaction score
I am wanting to introduce my wife to the Macworld. Presently she is using a Dell Inspiron 15".

Basically she uses it to surf the web, email, play games, book hotels, cruises etc. She might compose a letter every now and then. She complains the Dell is heavy, maybe 5.2 lbs or there abouts.

I'm looking at a 13" Mac Air with maybe the 128GB SSD. Just wondering if that'll be enough for her. Weight wise it's like 2.2 lbs.

Any advice???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It will be plenty if that's all she'll use it for. Ask her though that if she minds going from a 15" screen down to 13" and one with a higher resolution then the Dell. In other words, everything (especially the text) is going to be smaller on the screen. Take her to an Apple store or Best Buy and let her try one out first.

OP
T
Reaction score
It will be plenty if that's all she'll use it for. Ask her though that if she minds going from a 15" screen down to 13" and one with a higher resolution then the Dell. In other words, everything (especially the text) is going to be smaller on the screen. Take her to an Apple store or Best Buy and let her try one out first.

Thanks, my plan actually was to take her to BB to look at the 13". I hope the weight factor and the ability to zoom with the tap of the pad/mouse will woo her enough;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.