GarageBand Jam Packs and OSX Lion

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. The other day, I purchased the World Music Jam Pack for GarageBand, but I cannot install it apparently, because there is a file inside called "PlistBuddy" that is no longer compatible with Lion, and the installation goes fine until it gets to that file, and then it riddles my screen with pop up after pop up saying it's incompatible with Lion now and cannot install, and I have to restart. Is there any way at all to install this Jam Pack without having to install this "PlistBuddy" file? I've tried removing it from the install package, but the installation just sits there looking for the file and won't complete without it. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you very much in advance! :)

Reaction score
Running into the same problem, and I'm really dissapointed. I'm a very new Mac user and largely bought the machine in order to be able to use GarageBand; I'm currently looking at either reformatting the entire computer and going back to Snow Leopard, or... well, as of right now that's my only actual option, really, which is rather off-putting. If anyone has any solutions to this problem, that would be wonderful.

Reaction score
Actually...

It seems like it actually installed all the software instruments, and I /think/ all of the loops, just fine! It was just annoying as I had to restart my computer to get it to stop flipping out. The other Jam Packs installed with no trouble.

OP
S
Reaction score
How can you tell that these loops and everything installed? Since I'm a new user, I don't know where they appear. Do they appear in the software instrument selection menu on the right?

Reaction score
Yep! And loops are available by hitting the little button that looks like a loop in a piece of thread, below that menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iPhone 3gs
Just wanted to check, under OS Lion to which directory the jam packs will be installed? Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.