installing windows on my mac to run my microsoft flight sim

Reaction score
Hi

I'm interested in installing windows on my macbook using bootcamp. the only thing I'll be using windows for is my microsoft flight sim.

Would there be any problems running that program once windows is installed?

How much space should I allow for the windows partition

Thanks
Mikey

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What year and model MacBook do you have? And which version of MS Flight Sim are you going to run? Generally, the older versions of Flight Simulator will run OK even on an integrated GPU. However, Flight Simulator X needs more horse power to run smoothly although the system requirements that MS gives would lead you to believe otherwise.

As for disk space, see the following LINK from MS.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

my macbook is running OS 10.5.8.
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
256 MB vram

I have the standard version of Flight sim X

What do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
I'm running FSX Deluxe on my MacBook Pro - the specs are below.

The OSX version shouldn't really impact the performance as FSX will be running on a Windows partition - though when creating the partition I'd recommend downloading the latest Windows drivers/software rather than using your Snow Leopard DVD.

With most settings at Medium/Medium High with AA enabled at 1280x800x32 I get 30FPS without any problem, in really detailed areas this can drop to 20/25 but this is still playable on the system.

I created a partition of 40GB for Windows 7 Ultimate X64 and installed FSX onto this. It's left about 7-8GB free for add-ons and any other Windows software I may need to use.

I created this video on Tuesday of FSX running on my Mac...

‪FSX Running on 2009/2010 13" MacBook Pro‬‏ - YouTube

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.