Textedit and Preview on Lion

Reaction score
Since upgrading to Lion, whenever I open a file with Textedit or Preview, it opens other files with the one I selected. How do I turn this feature off? Its really annoying when I want to open one file and lots of others open with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You can turn off the auto save and resume functionality under General in System Preferences. Just uncheck where it says "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps".

Just be aware that this affects all apps.

lion%20auto%20save.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Or close the windows before you quit the app. It only reopens whatever was open when you last quit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz c2d, 180gb vertex 2 ssd, 4gb ram
You can turn off the auto save and resume functionality under General in System Preferences. Just uncheck where it says "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps".

Just be aware that this affects all apps.

Thank you for that! That was one thing I could live with enough that I didn't seek out how to turn it off, but I really do prefer to have a clean set of stuff when I open a program.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.