imac keyboard isn't working

Reaction score
I have a problem with my imac keyboard (2 battery) when i put new batteries it says that they have only 18% life next day there are 2 possibilities 1. one second is 15% next second it's 100% or 2. it's only 15 % or low. The idea is that i get a notification that i have low battery all the time and it won't let me write until i click ok and that makes it impossible to write... Any ideas?Anyone experiencing the same thing?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

You didn't give us any information about your iMac.... Is it a new machine still under warranty? Or, is the keyboard new?

OP
P
Reaction score
it's a 2 year old machine don't think it under warranty anymore,keyboard came with it.(21.5" forgot to tell)

C

chas_m

Try "unpairing" the keyboard and re-pairing it (in the Bluetooth system preferences).

Also, it could be that you are using very low amperage batteries (unlikely, but possible). I use 2000mAh or higher rechargeables.

OP
P
Reaction score
can't be the batteries always used this type and worked.and about the unpairing and re-pairing,when i took this keyboard to the apple service they did the same thing (battery remains the same,low,but without notification for a couple of days usually 2 maximum 3 days).Got another question, is it true that keyboards cannot be repaired?That's what they told me at the service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Is there any kind of corrosion on the area where the batteries make contact? Perhaps the contacts need cleaning.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Got another question, is it true that keyboards cannot be repaired?That's what they told me at the service.

It's not that they can't be repaired, it's because it would not be worth the time and money to do so. A $49 or $69 keyboard can be replaced with a new one for less than the cost of repairing it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.