Newbie here

Reaction score
I wanted to say hello to everyone in the forum. I have been a MAC user since Nov 2007 and swear by MAC. I had some growing pains, but all is well now. :D

My wife actually got me started on MAC because she used to work for the local newspaper and a bunch of the people there used MACs and swore by them.

The reason I stick with MAC was one instance that happened to me about 2 years ago. My job requires me to deploy to certain areas under rough conditions. One day we were unpacking a truck and the person unloading the truck threw my backpack out the back, which had my MBP in it. It hit the ground (about a 5' drop) and it sounded like it hit pretty hard. I was certain that my computer was finished. I got back to my room and hit the on button. To my surprise it turned on and I haven't had really any problems. I did have some water drip on the keyboard that did ruin the eject button and my down arrow keys. Other than that, I swear by MAC.

My laptop is going on 4 years old now and if all goes well I will be getting a new MBP in Sept.

Patriotfirst out.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums. Your post was moved to the correct forum as it does not belong in the "Lounge". Be sure to read our forum descriptions before posting. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Almost 4 years using a Mac... and you consider yourself a newbie to this forum only, or to Macs as well? In either case, welcome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", i7 2GHz Quad Core, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, OS X 10.7.1 - iPhone 3GS
My laptop is going on 4 years old now and if all goes well I will be getting a new MBP in Sept.

Now THAT is what I am talking about!! Precisely a major factor that pushed me towards a MBP, tough and long lasting. The rest has just been beyond any cherry on top. :Cool:

On a side note, thanks for your service and sacrafice patriotfirst. It is very much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.