Anybody take the leap?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Has anyone taken the leap and integrated the Mini into their home theater set-up?
How is it?
Is anybody thinking about it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (2011); iPad; Black MacBook; iPhone 3GS; AirPort Extreme
Yep, sure did. I just did it on Saturday but have been away since. I have it hooked to a Panasonic plasma TV which is then connected to a 6.1 Onkyo stereo. One small issue, otherwise I'm pleased with this setup. When playing any type of video (iTunes or otherwise) the Mini briefly pauses the screen for a split second every 8-10 seconds or so. I haven't figured it out yet, must some software glitch as my four year old black plastic MacBook plays flawlessly in this same setup. The Mini is the mid grade (discreet AMD video card).

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Glad to hear all of that except for the glitch. Maybe it's related to Lion? I have no problems streaming with 10.7 though. Hope it works out.
It is something I intend on doing in the next 6 months or so. It will be used to replace Comcast. However; I just read this article describing some software upgrades for AppleTV.
Rumor: iOS 5 Will Bring Bluetooth Keyboard Support to Apple TV | Mac|Life
Since I won't be buying the new Mini probably utill it is used in the Mac Store, I will have the luxury to weigh any new features iOS brigs to the table for the current/next generation AppleTV.
U
For the time being, I will manage with my iMac streaming the 'web only' Hulu items, the xbox for Netflix, and cutting the cable down tO the 20 bottom most channels. The only thing that I may miss in the coming months would be NFL games.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.