HDD-upgrade experience

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm soon upgrading my HDD in my MacBook Pro (mid 2009), and I have looked at some different hard drives - Seagate Momentus/ WD Black Scorpio etc.

I just want to hear from you, who have upgraded your HDD. What HDD did you upgrade to, and what are you experience with it? Good/bad things?

/The guy from Denmark,
Nikolaj

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I have upgraded my HDD twice, first because of a drinks spill and the second an upgrade to a 500gb after I saw a cheap one at my local electronics store.
Both have been more than easy and simple to do, especially when you take advantage of Disk Utility to completely copy your HDD or using Migration Assistant to move personal files, Applications and Account across.

HTH,

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
SSD from OWC and simply screams. Well worth the extra bucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 08 Unibody Macbook Pro 15'', Hitachi 500gb 7k500, 8gb Ram - better than new
One month ago...Started experiencing the under 30% slowdowns so I Installed WD Blue 500gb via clone. Constant whooshing sound coming from drive and constant momentary delays......Yesterday..... Purchased new Hitachi 7200rpm 7k500 500gb, no whoosh, no delay just performance for $59 and now have a WD Blue backup drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.