Lion 13 macbook pro 2011

Reaction score
Hi, i have a few questions about lion on the 2011 macbook pro 13 inch.

i upgraded to lion and here are issues that i am having!

in some of my full screen apps and games my colors will be off or glitchy i may even not have a mouse pointer. (all are intel based programs)

when i click a link in safari it takes a good 5 seconds before it shows me that it has the response i also cant scroll a webpage while im waiting for that link to load.

computer seems unresponsive at times and then zooming fast after it relizes i told it to do something.

lion is constantly dropping my wireless network.

my computer is running 15 degrees hotter then with SL. (Spot light has completed)

i am wondering if any one has had these issues or has a fix to any of them

i am really close to just going back to SL and waiting for them to get a few updates out for lion.

and just a random question... why are they trying to turn my very expeinive laptop in to a very nasty ipad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
OP
X
Reaction score
i will try to restart PRAM and SMC and repair my ****
i have tried re starting a few times

they wont work even if they do say that the application was made for Intel? im not having an issue with things not opening just running poorly comparbly speaking towards lion

OP
X
Reaction score
So. this what i ended up doing.

i added a 3rd partion to my hdd shrunk down lion to as small as possible and im going to install snow leopard back on to the drive and boot from that tell i start seeing some updates for lion fixing these issues. or intel i fill up my new SL partition wich could be a while. and then i will upgrade the SL partion to lion and delete the old partion.

i will let any one know if this helps with any of the problems.

does any one know if i do eventully delete the SL partition will i be able to gain that space back in lion?

Reaction score
I also have a 13 inch 2011 model but the only issues I'm having is loss of speed the computer just seems slower now :eek:h and its also running about 13 degrees hotter.

OP
X
Reaction score
i went back to SL every thing works great again takes a little bit to start up because MBR isnt on first sector of HDD but not a real big problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.