Apple mail/Gmail/Yahoo mail

Reaction score
I have just gotten everything working in Lion and I heard that the mail app has been improved, which got me thinking...why use apple mail when I have yahoo mail and gmail accounts? Is apple mail just forwarding online email to my hard drive for offline use? Is that it or is there something more? I would like to know more about and maybe try it out so see what the fuss is about.

OP
C
Reaction score
Well,I set it up and its working but for some reason I am having problems. When I begin to write a new email within Mail it cannot find my contacts from gmail or yahoo mail, it won't auto complete them. The funny thing is that it DOES find a handful of contacts, but not all. I'm guessing not all contacts synced? Where does the apple mail get its contacts from anyway?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I hope the Mail app in Lion is way better than SL's.
IMHO... I'm better off just getting my Gmail/Yahoo email on my BlackBerry than messing with Mail and it's problems.
Good Luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have just gotten everything working in Lion and I heard that the mail app has been improved, which got me thinking...why use apple mail when I have yahoo mail and gmail accounts? Is apple mail just forwarding online email to my hard drive for offline use? Is that it or is there something more? I would like to know more about and maybe try it out so see what the fuss is about.

Some people prefer a desktop client to using web-based email. Just depends on which you prefer. I prefer desktop clients because I can have it all in one place and it's all consistent and better integrated with other OSX apps.

I hope the Mail app in Lion is way better than SL's.
IMHO... I'm better off just getting my Gmail/Yahoo email on my BlackBerry than messing with Mail and it's problems.
Good Luck!

FWIW, I've never really had any problems with Mail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.