• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

PayPal reportedly overcharging some customers for OS X Lion

Reaction score
PayPal reportedly overcharging some customers for OS X Lion

app-money-cjr.jpg
OS X Lion is only supposed to cost US$29.99 to install on any Macs associated with your iTunes account. Some Lion buyers who purchased it through PayPal are seeing charges way higher than thirty bucks, however. Multiple users have reported the issue on Apple's support forums, and Lion buyer John Christman emailed us earlier today saying PayPal showed nearly $4000 in fees associated with Lion.

Apple support is now aware of the problem, and it's been classified as a "known issue" that they're looking into. Meanwhile, several affected customers are seeing their bank accounts significantly overdrawn, with all of the heinous additional bank fees that go along with that, so hopefully Apple also makes good on those additional fees.

If there's a lesson to draw from this, here it is: if you pay for iTunes purchases through PayPal, it's probably a good idea to switch to another payment method until this gets sorted out. If you haven't bought Lion yet and you're worried about paying 100 times more for it than you're supposed to, you can always pay for it with an iTunes gift card.

PayPal reportedly overcharging some customers for OS X Lion originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:33:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

SourceÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Only US $29.99 in USA. Here in Australia, cost is $31.99 with our dollar currently +10% higher in value than the greenback. This works out at close to US $35. Wonder how much our UK members are paying as Apple usually stings them more!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB
This is strange. I remember seeing the $30 apple-itunes showing up on my account but then it disappeared and the money was never taken. It seems that apple has fudged up a little bit there. I didn't use paypal either, just my iTunes account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.