Please Help - Trackpad issue

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2010 macbook pro unibody 13 inch
a few weeks ago i came across a problem of the trackpad randomly not clicking properly one morning
i initially believed that there was something jammed or stuck underneath, after hunting for the correct tools, i managed to take the laptop apart and give the trackpad a good clean
once i had done what i thought was enough, i realised it wasnt!
ive tried altering the torque screw aswell but that doesnt help, i have tried it at all levels!
i have to use tap to click, which is ok, but i would love to use my macbook properly!
has anyone had any problem like this, i just cannot understand what is causing it to not click properly or convincingly!!!!???
:Grimmace:
Any help would do!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Have you thought about taking it to an Apple Store the techs have always treated me fair.

OP
B
Reaction score
yer, two i tried, one had a look underneath apparently and said theres nothing he can see, replace trackpad for £70 plus labour and the other quoted £150
useless trying with apple!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.