OS X Mini Server Samba questions

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to setting up a OS X mini server and I'm using samba so that windows machines could connect.

I'm trying to change the default permission of the files that are created in the sharepoint (to make it 770). I've found the file /var/db/samba/smb.shares, and I add two parameters in it force create mode = 0770 and force directory mode = 0770. However, every time I create a new sharepoints, the value of those parameter got overwritten with the default setting.

My friend told me to find a master settings file that could make the modification permanently. And I did find one that affect the smb.shares file, which is /var/db/dslocal/nodes/Default/config/SharePoints/IP.plist (IP is the name of my sharepoint).

the file is in this pattern:

</array>
<key>smb_createmask</key>
<array>
<string>0770/string>
</array>
<key>smb_directorymask</key>
<array>
<string>0770</string>
</array>

Now what I need to do is to add two more parameters which is force create mode and force directory mode. But I don't know the correct key name of them. I have tried smb_forcedirectorymode and smb_forcecreatemode, but they don't work.

So I'm wondering if anyone know the correct key name for those two parameter. Or is there any place I could find them.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.