iPhone 3G problem

Reaction score
I recently got an iPhone 3G and its my first iPhone ever. I plugged it into my computer and it worked fine for the first day. I think that during the time I was asleep the phone ran out battery. The next morning I plugged it into my wall charger with no response, just a black, unlit screen. I tried many of the different chargers, with different cords, different wall chargers and having it plugged into my computer, still with no response. I have researched for answers and no ways of turning the phone on will work.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone know how to solve it? Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I recently got an iPhone 3G and its my first iPhone ever. I plugged it into my computer and it worked fine for the first day. I think that during the time I was asleep the phone ran out battery. The next morning I plugged it into my wall charger with no response, just a black, unlit screen. I tried many of the different chargers, with different cords, different wall chargers and having it plugged into my computer, still with no response. I have researched for answers and no ways of turning the phone on will work.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone know how to solve it? Thank you in advance.

If the phone's battery is completely drained, you may need to let it charge for a few minutes at least before you will get any response from it. To be sure, leave it plugged in charging for at least half an hour, then turn it on by holding down the button on top for a few seconds until the screen lights up. If it doesn't, you likely got a bum unit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.