• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Magic Bullet Looks and OSX Lion

Reaction score
Hi, I just made a doofus mistake and installed OSX Lion onto my system. I know, real bad decision.

I'm in the middle of a big project on Premiere Pro CS5 that I need to colour grade. I have a big problem in that Magic Bullet Looks doesn't seem to be working with lion. Does anyone have any idea as to when there might be a fix for this?

I don't have a backup from before so cannot roll it back. The only solution I can think of is to partition my drive, and install snow leopard on the second partition. Would this work?

Also, if I made a second partition with SL, would I be able to work on files from the original Lion partition?

Alternatively, are there any decent alternatives to MBL that will work on Lion?

Hope this makes sense, thanks loads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz + Mac Mini (Mid 2011)
are you using Magic Bullet in Premiere Pro on OSX lion? Could it be a compatibilty issue as I have come across plugins not working in lion

C

chas_m

I'm in the middle of a big project on Premiere Pro CS5 that I need to colour grade. I have a big problem in that Magic Bullet Looks doesn't seem to be working with lion. Does anyone have any idea as to when there might be a fix for this?

The developer probably does.

I don't have a backup from before so cannot roll it back.

I'm sorry, I have to take a moment here.

Really? You did a major system update in the middle of a project with NO BACKUP?? You're not even using Time Machine?? Really???

<facepalms>

Okay, all better.

The only solution I can think of is to partition my drive, and install snow leopard on the second partition. Would this work?

If you have the space and DU lets you repartition, then yes that would work.

Also, if I made a second partition with SL, would I be able to work on files from the original Lion partition?

If you're referring to your project files, yes that should be okay. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.