Mac crashed 2 days after Lion installed!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 13", 2.0 i7, 8GB, Intel HD 4000 512MB, 250GB, 10.8.3
Hi guys, need some help here!!

I got a brand new MBP 17" with Snow Leopard. Naturally when Lion came out, I bought it and installed it. Installation went fine and it worked. 2 days after, as I was draining the battery, the Mac went into hibernation mode. When I tried to turn it on, it wouldn't switch on.

Once, charged and switched on, it gets stuck on the grey load screen at the very beginning with the little load circle / flower / whatever it is just going and going, never loading.

Any idea how to fix this?

I tried to boot pressing CMD OPT N V and when I then typed "exit" it read "runtime corruption detected on Macintosh HD, fsck will be forced on next mount"... - what the **** does this mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Try restarting and holding CMD+R. This will boot into recovery mode. You can open Disk Utilities and then Verify and Repair Permissions. That may solve your problem. If not, you can also do a fresh install from within recovery mode as well. Try the D.U. permissions thing first and report back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.