Macbook battery the same?

Reaction score
Hey,

Wow this is such a newb question and I'm sure asked a billion times, but my Macbook bat took a dump, and I was wondering if all white 13inch macbook batteries are compatible with all 13inch Macbook models. For example, someone is selling a brand new MA561LL/A bat in factory wrapping and I have a MB403LL/A. Selling for $60..

And if you have time, how can you tell if a battery is a fake? Ty!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

There are lots of batteries that claim compatibility with the genuine Apple battery that your MacBook shipped with. Some are good and work well while others are just knock-offs and usually fail within a short time and can possibly harm your computer.

My advice is to buy either a genuine Apple battery or an approved substitute such as sold here. More expensive than the one you mentioned but it's a better battery than the Apple original and is fully warranted.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks. But how can you tell if one is a genuine Apple battery?

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

There are lots of batteries that claim compatibility with the genuine Apple battery that your MacBook shipped with. Some are good and work well while others are just knock-offs and usually fail within a short time and can possibly harm your computer.

My advice is to buy either a genuine Apple battery or an approved substitute such as sold here. More expensive than the one you mentioned but it's a better battery than the Apple original and is fully warranted.

OP
J
Reaction score
the model # on my bat is a1185. the one he's selling is MA561LL. my main question is will all 13 inch white macbook batteries fit an work for my Macbook. thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It would probably work OK but I don't know for sure. My white MacBook is currently not available right now or I would open it up and check the model number on the battery. If you decide to buy that battery, make sure you can return it for a refund in case it doesn't work out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.