Will this unlock work?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am kind of a newbie when it comes to unlocking/jailbreaking stuff. I've been in a lot of IT classes in school so this isn't totally confusing, just new and exciting to learn (kinda nerdy lol).

In my possession, I have:
iPhone 4, running 4.3.4, baseband 4.10.1
T-mobile microSim ready to use

Being a newbie to this stuff, I thought that by just jailbreaking and installing Cydia, the phone would automatically work when i popped my microSim in. NOT. lol

Now, from doing some more googling, it looks like the only way to unlock this sucker is by using the Gevey Sim. Is this true? And is it 100% (very close to it) reliable?

Another question, if I were to update to 4.3.5, after I had already used the Gevey Sim, would the phone still work? How about if I were to update it before i tried the Gevey Sim?

I am in the US, btw :)

Help a newbie out!!!

C

chas_m

There is no way to unlock an iPhone 4 running 4.3.x. The Gevey SIM trick has been blocked, it no longer works.

If what you really, really want is an unlocked iPhone 4, the only way to accomplish that is to reset and then sell the one you have, and buy an unlocked one directly from Apple for $649 and up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.