2.0 GHz or 2.2 GHz 15" MacBook Pro?

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm going into Engineering School this fall and was wondering if it would be better for me to get the 2.2 GHz 15" MacBook Pro. I will be using AutoCad and other engineering software and I want it to run as smooth as possible. Do you think since I'm running these programs, the extra .2GHz and better graphics card would be better for me? And should I get the Hi-res display?
Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Depends on your personal budget. The 15" MBP with the better GPU and faster CPU along with a Hi-Res display is going to be quite expensive, and add to that Apple care..... If you're prepared to spend that much, go ahead and buy the better model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
The .2 GHz difference won't make much difference performance wise. However, the graphics chipset should give you a huge bump in performance. I say if you can afford it go with the higher end one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.