iTunes account question

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have two itunes accounts. I have purchased items on one account but would like to use the new account going forward for all new purchases as well as for the stuff i have purchased under the old account. Can i just import a play list from the library on my mac into the new account and be done? i do not want to duplicate the library so that it takes up more space unnecessarily. i assume that would not be the case. I assume the play list is associated with the account and populates when you sign into itunes. does that mean i will have two plays lists and if so will it take up a lot of space?

i hope my question has made sense lol. any help is appreciated.

thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We need some clarification. If I understand your post correctly, you have two different user accounts with the iTunes store? What exactly is it that you want to do? If you wish to consolidate both accounts into one, you need to contact iTunes customer service. Are you using the same Mac to access both accounts?

OP
N
Reaction score
accounts

Hi,

i have two itunes accounts with different emails. the original email i used is going away. i tried to edit my account to add the other email however it says its already associated with an account so it wont let me make the change. best cast scenario i would like to combine the two accounts into one and have the purchases from both under the one account.

thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, that's what I thought at first when I read your original post. You'll need to contact iTunes customer service and explain what it is you wish to do and ask them to combine the accounts. Make sure you let them know which userid you want to use.

They may actually cancel the old account - so tell them that all your previous purchases from the old account need to be moved over to the new account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.