Charger Screwed Up Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Earlier I realized that my charger was plugged in, but not working. So I unplugged it and plugged it back in, and it worked. Later on, same thing, but when I plugged it back in, the laptop shut off. It wouldent turn back on so I closed the lid for a few minutes and tried again. It then turned on, but the desktop screen changed back to the original one it was when I first purchased the computer, and something popped up saying the clocks were set to January 2008. I just bought the computer in early 2011.

It also disconnected me from the internet, but I connected again and everythings fine. Im scared to plug my charger in again, though. What happened? And should I get a new charger or is there another way to fix it?

P.S The charger was the original one that came with the laptop. And ive never had any problems with it until today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
If you just bought it take it back and let them look at it you have a year warranty and no thats not normal at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.