Skype Problem after Mac OS Lion Upgrade

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been using Skype with a Bluetooth Plantronics Voyager + headset for a while and it worked just fine. After I upgraded to Mac OS Lion, every time I make a connection the mic cuts out and produces a crackling noise. When just in audio mode (listening) it works all right.

I've also updated Skype but that did not resolve the problem.

Does anyone have any clues or ideas as to why this might be happening?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 08 Unibody Macbook Pro 15'', Hitachi 500gb 7k500, 8gb Ram - better than new
Make sure that in sounds settings that you don't have your BT Plant set as default input mic... they will compete for sound input.. select "line in" - Lion may have reset the built in mic as default...

Reaction score
Skype incoming call is muted always

After i upgraded to LION OS, I can receive calls on SKYPE but my caller voice cannot be heard. The speakers are fine and the computer rings, but I cannot hear any voice from the person who is calling me. This is really a big problem for me! Anyone who how I can resolve this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled SKYPE and still no resolution.
Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.