G5 ATI 256 MB 9650 VGA Cooler

Reaction score
Ok, so i have an early 2005 Powermac G5 dual 2.5 with AGP 8x and an ATI 9650 256MB. I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not i should worry about heat with this card, I'm looking to upgrade the heatsink for aesthetic/ performance purposes as i like to theme all of my work. Its either going to be lit up with red, purple or white LED kits so i was wondering:

A) Would RAM heatsinks be fine or should i go with

B) a fan powered VGA Cooler? is there one that is thin enough that it wont effect the underside of the card or the PCI slot above? I'm alright with losing one if need be but just wondering if anyone else has found a thin one, but if a cooler that takes up space looks better than one that doesn't, i's most likely get the big one. Also, I was looking for a directional one that blows air towards the back of the case/DVI ports. There is a fan in the front that also blows this way and i don't want turbulence in the case to detract from stock the cooling abilities.

Thanks in advance, its not really an important issue but i appreciate all feedback. If you would like to give me feedback on the color choices too that would be great! it was going to be red because of the ATI card but the card itself it blue so . . . . yeah. Thank you! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.