Newbie who cant decide

Reaction score
Morning all,

I've been using dreaded windows for a lot of years now and have made the decision to move to mac. An imac to be precise. I do a lot of photo editing etc which i shoot in RAW.

I have two im looking at im guessing one is last years and one this years. However one has discount and one doesnt. I can stretch to both but is it worth it.

Here they are Argos - www.argos.co.uk

Thanks for all your input.

Steve

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Looks like you need to put the individual links up. The comparison link is not working.

C

chas_m

The newer iMac has Thunderbolt, the older one does not.

This is not a big deal now, but it will be in the future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
The new iMacs are also far and away much faster than the 2010 versions from everything that I've read. The Sandy Bridge processors are a huge improvement from 2010 CoreiX series CPUs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook® Pro / Intel® Core™ i5 Processor / 13.3" Display / 4GB Memory / 320GB Hard Drive
Just my 2 cents on this i always have a hard time buying older computer equipment if the computer in question is going to be my main computer of use. now if you had said this compter is mainly going to be used for word processing and a little internet surfing I'd tell you to save the money but you being into photo editing i would opt for the newer machine so your not starting out so far behind the tech curve.

Reaction score
I'd definitely recommend going with the 2011. Like others have mentioned, it has the Thunderbolt technology. Hopefully, eventually, this will be a faster way to transfer your data and it will be reasonably priced. I'm one who tends to go with the latest and greatest though.

Reaction score
Go for the 2011........no doubt about it if you have the cash.....

To be honest, I am totally opposite to Amanda in the fact that I always go for the slightly older and cheaper models.....

But when it comes to someone else's cash.....then get the best.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
Good luck with your purchase!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.