Powerbook & Verizon DSL

C

Chris200

Hi all, first time visitor and I'm looking for some advice on hooking up my PB G4 to Verizon DSL. So far, I haven't seen a way to make it wireless with any of the routers they mention. I do believe I can hardwire it though.

I just received my Airport Extreme Card, but I'm wondering if I even need that if there's no way for me to go wireless if I even by an Airport Base Station.

I'm very new to the world of Mac's, so any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
All you need to do is get a wireless router and connect it to your DSL modem. Once that is done a little tweaking of the configuration and you are good to go.

OP
C

Chris200

rman said:
All you need to do is get a wireless router and connect it to your DSL modem. Once that is done a little tweaking of the configuration and you are good to go.

Okay, so do you have a particular wireless router you would recommend or should I just go with the Base Station? Verizon's online help for Mac's is less than helpful.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You basically can use any wireless router. My son-in-law uses a dlink. So I connect through his. I have not researched them, so I can not a suggestion on which is better. Hopefully someone else, will be able to provide that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.