Upgrading RAM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch
I have a White macbook mid 2010 onward 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo with 2 gb ram. I want to upgrade my Ram to the maximum possible (4gb), does anyone know a reliable and decently priced play to buy the memory?

Also if i dont buy it from the apple store and i took my macbook and the memory into the store, would they fit it for me?

Cheers

Reaction score
I just bought some for my 13" MacBook. I found the best prices on Amazon.com & Newegg.com. I was able to replace it with a few minutes. All you need it a really small screw driver (size zero). Look up YouTube videos on how to replace it. Trust me, it's really simple.

OP
FuzzyStorm14
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch
sounds good. will have a scan on amazon. thanks. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
OP
FuzzyStorm14
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cool. will have a look on tht 1 as well. cheers

C

chas_m

In the US, Other World Computing (macsales.com) has a stellar reputation. In Canada, I recommend CanadaRAM.com.

Neither is always the absolute cheapest, but they are both Mac-knowledgable, great service and stand behind their stuff -- the very qualities people SAY they want, but then they go to Wal-Mart anyway because its a buck or two cheaper. Sigh.

OP
FuzzyStorm14
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In the US, Other World Computing (macsales.com) has a stellar reputation. In Canada, I recommend CanadaRAM.com.

Neither is always the absolute cheapest, but they are both Mac-knowledgable, great service and stand behind their stuff -- the very qualities people SAY they want, but then they go to Wal-Mart anyway because its a buck or two cheaper. Sigh.

I'm in the UK though would that cause any issues?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

OWC ships to the UK, Australia, Canada, and many other countries, however, it's probably best to buy the memory locally in the event you have to return it.

jif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27' iMac i5 (2010)  iPad2  iPhone5  iPhone 4S  Apple TV2  iP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.

In that case go to Crucial. Download there RAM Scanner and they will suggest what RAM you can fit.

C

chas_m

Sorry I didn't notice you were in Scotland. Crucial is an excellent choice for those in the UK.

OP
FuzzyStorm14
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Put in the order at crucial yesterday, they were excellent, should be arriving today at some point.

Thanks for all the help people!

:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.