Notebook on a Budget?

Reaction score
I am on a budget, and would like to know the best candidate in a used notebook for me. I'd like to be able to have wi-fi access, internet email, and be able to do simple photo editing.

I am fairly technical and don't mind tinkering. There are lots of previously owned notebooks out there but I am just not up to speed on the different models' heritage.

I would appreciate any ideas or nudges in the right direction.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'd check out the refurbished section online at Apple's Store. eBay is another option for user Macs.

OP
S
Reaction score
Oh yes I definitely know where to find them (eBay, craigs list, online). That is not what I am asking.

Thanks though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Since you are posting on a Mac forum, we are going to assume you're asking about Mac notebooks.
As mentioned, just look in the refurbished store for the best deals. We don't know what your budget is or what you plan on using it for, so you'll have to determine those factors when choosing one. I'm sure if you are just using it for web and e-mail, whatever the basic MacBook that is in the refurb store right now is quite suitable.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes I never thought to mention which brand of notebook, since this is a Mac forum. And I did indeed say what I would be using it for. Perhaps I should rephrase the question to read "What's the least I should have to spend?"

I'm sorry. I seem to have caused a great deal of confusion here. I'll try elsewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm sorry. I seem to have caused a great deal of confusion here. I'll try elsewhere.

I think you're overreacting a bit, we were just confused by the way you asked your question.

But, best of luck to you elsewhere I suppose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
The bare minimum is to go for an Intel Mac, which is not that big of a deal today. I'm sure you can get a very nice 15" pre-unibody MacBook Pro for a decent price.

But in the end, it will be about your budget and you will shop around looking at prices first to narrow it down to a model.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.