EMac OS X v? Password trouble

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Martin and i'm new around the whole Mac thing so me and my dad got a Mac from someone who was gonna throw it away and we decided we could fix/use it for ourselves but when we turned it on ... it needed a password:'(. So we were trying to find out if we could reset the password on it so we could use it but all the methods we have tried (most include single-user mode whatever that is) to access it just leave us with a blue screen after the startup prompt:(. So if anyone could help me out here i'd be extremely grateful.
-Mac n' Martin ;P

P.S. Detailed instructions please, most of the time I have no idea what the methods were talking about :Confused:.

OP
Mac n' Martin
Reaction score
Sounds like it has Firmware Password Protection software which is not easy to defeat as it is designed to prevent access in the case of theft etc. Any chance the someone can give you the password?

Macintosh Security Site -> Open Firmware Password Protection Mac OS

thank u for posting i'll look at it and pray that it helps once again thank u. also since they were giving away the Mac they didnt tell us the password (probably because they didnt know it either). Thanks;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.