Transfer Music Help

Reaction score
Hi, I have the 2nd generation Ipod touch and it has my full itunes library on it. Prior to yesterday I had my hp laptop and it crashed and I lost all my files. So now my library is only on my ipod touch and was wondering what programs or how to transfer my music over to my new mac book pro. A lot of my music on from cd's..ect, so not like I can just plug it in an transfer purchases. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Looking for a free program too. Senuti cost money and some programs Ive tried haven't been working with the ipod touches.

Thanks,

Kyle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch
I second this request, does anyone know of a free app to transfer music from ipod touch to itunes?? Surely it exists?? having to pay to transfer my music to my own computer seems ridiculous?

C

chas_m

(general rant)

How come people always seem to think their music is sooooo important to them, the very core of their lives, but wouldn't spend $20 on a tool that would recover the music from their iPod back to their Mac, including playlists, album art, photos, videos, star ratings, play counts and more?

Why is it important that we help you find a FREE program to do this? Is this stuff not worth even $20 to you?

</rant>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch
(general rant)

How come people always seem to think their music is sooooo important to them, the very core of their lives, but wouldn't spend $20 on a tool that would recover the music from their iPod back to their Mac, including playlists, album art, photos, videos, star ratings, play counts and more?

Why is it important that we help you find a FREE program to do this? Is this stuff not worth even $20 to you?

</rant>

Well hold on, i've spent over £900 on my mac, over £200 on an ipod touch and roughly over £1000 on my music collection. Regardless on wgat this app costs, based on principle it is absolutely ludicras that we are being penilized further to do something as simple as transfering music from an ipod to a mac wghen doing the opposite (mac to ipod) is no issue what so ever! Why the **** should i be charged for something that should be built on itunes! Its a huge flaw in the whole program that too product from the same company (both of which were not cheap) cant do a simple task such as transfer files between each other!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
(general rant)

</rant>

Not saying it's the case with the op here, but:

Many of them didn't pay for the music that's sitting on their iPods to start with. And to think that they would spend $50 for a drive to backup their free stuff - like that's happening in this lifetime. What makes you think they would now all of a sudden be willing to pay for what they've never paid for before?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.